Jambands.ca

Frontier Index nominated for CASBY award

AD

A band I love to see, hear, hype, and party with has been nominated for a CASBY Award. They are in the 'Favourite New Indie Release' category alongside Boy, Cuff the Duke, Ladies & Gentlemen, and Protest the Hero.

These awards (Canadian Artists Selected By You) are nominated by CFNY in Toronto and awarded based on votes on this website. If you have a moment and don't have the (very good) album or have never seen the (very very good) live show, head to the audio section here and check out 3 songs from the disc. (Wierd, these are 3 of the more poppy songs...)

And don't just take my word for it. Shainhouse likes 'em. Dave-O reports that they 'kick ass.' NorthernWish likes 'em, as does SmoothedShredder, as will anyone else that goes to see them. Little Stevie loves 'em. The Sadies and Cuff the Duke do as well.

And there's a ton more press here as well.

Check them out, vote for them, and let's turn them into rock stars. I know people here dig the style of music they play, so let's support them.

And for you Toronto people, next Monday night they're playing the Horseshoe. The rest of the province, there are dates booked for Hamilton, Waterloo and Kingston at the beginning of November. And they'll be back to Ottawa by the end of the year.

Thanks for reading.

AD

Only 35 views on a music appreciator's message board... hmm....

Anyways... vote if you like, I strongly recommend these guys. Make sure to see them soon before they get big!

October 10th - Horseshoe Tavern - Toronto

Frontier Index (9:30pm) w/ John Vanderslice. $10 advance - Soundscapes, Horseshoe, Rotate This. $12 at the door.

November 1st - Casbah - Hamilton

Frontier Index w/ Serena Ryder. Doors at 9pm.

November 4th - Starlight - Waterloo

November 5th - Grad Club - Kingston

Plus I absolutely promise an Ottawa show before the end of the year......

AD