Jambands.ca

Memories of "The Book"

can-o-phish

So after gettin' thumped last night by the Sens, I'm feelin' a little purple :( today so thought what better way to ease the pain with a trip down memory lane and listen to "Purple Rain" that the Sisters cranked out in May...still gives me shivers...

You know the drill...click on the link, scroll down and click on the Sisters pic to listen or right click and "Save Target As" to save to your HD and enjoy :o

Purple Rain

what's this about like a virgin? I must hear this! Downloading Purple rain now... can't WAIT!!

and what's all this about a book??

edit: holy shit awesome! I love this idea!! what happened to this idea?? fucking great! What was the actual "book"? Good song, btw - thanks for the upload!

Edited by Guest

what's this about like a virgin? I must hear this! Downloading Purple rain now... can't WAIT!!

and what's all this about a book??

edit: holy shit awesome! I love this idea!! what happened to this idea?? fucking great! What was the actual "book"? Good song, btw - thanks for the upload!

Back in May Kevin would pick some sheet music, stick it in a book and bring it in without giving a hint to the rest of the Sisters. At some point in the evening he'd pull out "The Book" and whatever sheet music he'd pull out, they'd play without having played it before. There were some rusty gems from The Band, Joan Osbourne, The Beatles, Radiohead, Madonna and Prince and a few others. It was good for a laugh and at times a great rendition. But the book has been "shelved" for the time being. No word if it will be opened again...

How about a "Best Of The Book" compilation, c'o'p? Go over your recordings, and see if you can come up with, say, a single CD of the bookular stuff that was done.

Yah, actually I keep meaning to do this as I made a compilation of the Neil Young covers that they had been doing. I think I might've passed one on to bouche and Ms. Hux and hopefully they made some copies for the O-Town crew.

Yep, now that you've mentioned it I'll do the same for "The Book"...throw that one of the ever-increasing pile of projects to do :P sleep is over-rated ;)