Jambands.ca

Yankees OUT!

rubberdinghy

They have an awesome team that underachieved all year. When they picked it up towards the end I thought they'd have as good a chance as any. (How could a team with A-rod as their 2nd hitter not be a team that could win it all?) In the end it comes down to pitching, though, and the Angels had their number there.

They have an awesome team that underachieved all year. When they picked it up towards the end I thought they'd have as good a chance as any. (How could a team with A-rod as their 2nd hitter not be a team that could win it all?) In the end it comes down to pitching, though, and the Angels had their number there.

The Yankees were among the AL leaders in batting so I wouldn't say they underachieved. They ended up doing offensively what people expected. Their pitching just sucked and it eventually caught up with them.

The Yankees were among the AL leaders in batting so I wouldn't say they underachieved. They ended up doing offensively what people expected. Their pitching just sucked and it eventually caught up with them.

I agree, although A-Rod and Matsui stumbled with their bats down the stretch.

Interesting: Matsui is now a free-agent.

quote]

I agree, although A-Rod and Matsui stumbled with their bats down the stretch.

Interesting: Matsui is now a free-agent.

My prediction: Jays get on him like white on rice. He'll sign for billions and play really shitty for us. Well, not shitty, just not up to everyone's expectations.

Anywhere he goes he will have big things expected of him. True, he's talented, but in a different line up it'll be interesting to see how his numbers compare.

I want the Yankees to resign Matsui then grab a few other high priced free agents and see if they can get their current payroll of $202,978,809 up to a cool 1/4 billion dollars - and then lose.

Just think about it for a second - a 1/4 billion dollars.

Baseball is fucked.

Oh yeah, Leafs suck.

on paper, no one should ever beat the yankees. but everyone always forgets that those are the teams that never win. heart and chemistry have, and will, always beat the team that looks like a bunch of cakewalkers on paper. it happens all the time - no surprise here.

but yeah, a quarter billion does sound like a good number for a payroll. go for it, georgie!