Jambands.ca

Cinnamon Sisters

can-o-phish

Last's night's full moon was having definite effects on The Orbit Room and it's Orbiters...

Nice ambient version of Cinnamon Girl and the new untitled tune written for Kevin's daughters. You can also hear Folk Alarm's version of this if you click on the pic of Folk Alarm ;)

Here's this week's sample. Same as always. Follow the link, scroll to the bottom, click on the pic of The Sisters and enjoy :)

Cinnamon Sisters

Yep, thanks for noticing brad, there were moments all night long and somehow in my tues-daze I've forgotten to share some of those...

The toe-to-toe dance off between Kevin and a local "solid gold" dancer during Tumbleweed Tea is just too much to describe except that someone in T-dot has de-throned the inventor of the "bouche stomp"...and it was great to see the many different folks given'r all night, myself included.

Domenic was through the roof as were basically all the tunes :P

Girl sitting beside me tells me that she's off to Vienna on Friday after spending four years at U of T studying genetics and is going to miss the Orbit and Kevin...and she tells me that she's been there most Mondays which goes to show that even us regulars can get caught up in the music a bit too much to take in everything...but great to meet this girl if only for a moment ;)

The closing encore of Portly Pear with eight bar teases of "Blue & Green" at the beginning and end was a great closer to the evening...the humour just never stops :o

Next Monday...six days away... :)

It added just the right dash of surreality to the listening experience. Here's Kevin getting so deep inside the note, the sound, that the warp in the emotion-time continuum just pulls you down, and you're happy to go, like the way you're happy jumping on the sled at the top of the hill, 'cause you know the ride down is gonna smoke, and then you start feeling (and hearing) the bumps, and the jostles back and forth jostle you back and forth, and it's like little tiny spines of reality poking through the little world of the hill and the trees whizzing by.

Or it's just the gabby drunks.

Aloha,

Brad

mmmmm...there's almost a The Slip pulse happening

Thanks Dave. I saved this file and realized that all of the files I had saved to my Desktop Sisters folder had NOT been listened to yet! I think I have about 6 files that I got distracted from :D

Have you thought about coming up on January 28th for this?

The Geggie Concert series – Jazz Improvised

Community Programming

January 28, 2006

Cuong Vu, trumpet (Cuong has recorded and toured with Pat Metheny and Myra Melford), Kevin Breit, guitars (Kevin has recorded and toured with Cassandra Wilson and the Sisters Euclid) - John invites two of the most open-minded and melodic players of improvised music to the Fourth Stage.

Have you thought about coming up on January 28th for this?

Well, if all goes as planned and being that there are 3 reasons to give'r in O-Town on Nov. 12, that being #1 - Mr. Neil Young's B-Day, #2 - GTB @ Maverick's and last but not least #3 - My B-Day, I'm thinking about heading in your direction, actually, right to your place for this momentous occasion :o

Fug, gotta laugh but Hitler also shares the same B-Day as Neil & myself...what are the chances :P

Hey bouche, have you had a chance to pick up your package from Velvet yet?...some tasty stuff there... ;)