Jambands.ca

My Morning Jacket @ The Guvernment: Roll Call

Jaimoe

I'm really excited to see one of my favourite bands tonight at the cavernous Guvernment. MMJ's Opera House show in Toronto was my concert of the year for 2004.

I'm probably going to go to a pub before the show, somewhere on The Danforth. deranger is allegedly going to meet up too.

Setlist from last night's NY Show. I got this from MMJ's website. Some of the titles were shortened by a Jackethead:

Worldless Chorus

It Beats For You

Gideon

One Big Holiday

Way He

Golden

Sooner

Wonderful Man

Off The Record

Lay Low

Dondante

Run Thru

--------

At Dawn

Hell

Mahgeeta

Anytime

what did you guys think of the show? i was loving it. good mix of new stuff and the it still moves material was just rockin. lame ass crowd though but a very intimate setting so you could get close. james voice was just awesome. short show as well. they didn't go on till 10:30 and were off by midnight. thought the crowd might of had something to do with it. they were just up there rocking and nobody was into it. scotty mac and i were the only ones boozin by the bar just right fucking into it and everyone else just standin there. which is cool but i think they would of played a little longer.

setlist

Wordless Chorus

It Beatz 4U

Gideon

One Big Holiday

The Dark (oh no, I am NOT joking)

Golden

Sooner

What a Wonderful Man

Off The Record

Laylow

Dondante

Run Thru

---

Northern Sky

Oxen (that's for Tom, we all know it's called How Could I Know)

Mahgeetah

Anytime

Edited by Guest

I thought the crowd up front were pretty good. Actually, the crowd acted about the same as they did at the Opera House gig from last year: Standing immobile with eyes fixated on the stage. MMJ isn's a dancing type band. However, they really whooped it up when the songs ended.

I think that the Guv has a pretty strict performance duration policy, that's why they left the stage at 12:05. TSOOL ended their gig earlier this year at the Guv at around 9:30 ( whatever time it was, it was damn early ).