Jambands.ca

BSS - EP To Be You And Me

Del

Has anyone heard this yet? I'm just wondering what people's thoughts on it are... I'm just listening to it now and I can't say I'm loving it... I don't hate it either, it's just a little more raw than their previous albums... It's still nice to have in the collection though...

Broken Social Scene - EP To Be You And Me

1.Her Disappearing Theme

2.Canada vs. America

3.Baroque Social

4.No Smiling Darkness/Snake Charmers Association

5.All My Friends

6.Major Label Debut (Fast)

7.Feel Good Lost Reprise

BSS_web.jpg

I just got through All My Friends, it's a pretty decent track as well... The fast version of Major Label Debut is good too... The rest of the EP sounds like filler to me... I think that pic is from Hillside... It's from a magazine I need to get my hands on called Under The Radar... This month's issue is a feature on BSS, including articles with Stars, AoH, Metric, The Most Serene Republic, etc. Worth looking for if you're a fan of BSS...

Well, you can tell her most Wednesdays if you have the balls.... and want to be a stalker. Check this

"I'm sure everyone knows where they can find me if I'm in Toronto on a Wednesday night. For the past 12 years that spot has been, and always will be, the Silver Dollar . Wherever Dan and Jenny Whiteley are, that's where you'll find the best country and bluegrass in the nation. Viva Crazy Strings !"

cover_story29-1.jpg

i like the EP. it is at times, a throwback to Feel Good Lost which remains my fave. IMO they're yet to do anything as good as Guilty Cubicles again. i love that particular tune. Alive in 85 too.

on a side note, i downloaded Collett's Idols of Exile and found it crummy. too many ripoffs.

Guilty Cubicles and Alive In '85 are two bizarre tunes to have a fetish for. I dig them both, heck I saw Jay games at Exhibition stadium with my pops during the drive of '85 but I ain't that sentimental. Now if they had a tune as dank as Ween's 'Frank', 'The Goin' Gets Tough from the Getgo', or 'Mourning Glory' then they'd really have something on their hands.