Jambands.ca

TO wants to play

badams

[color:green]THE EAGLES SAY NO!!!

Terrell Owens wants to return to the Eagles, but the team won't have him.

A contrite Owens, hoping to overturn his dismissal from the Philadelphia Eagles, on Tuesday apologized to coach Andy Reid, quarterback Donovan McNabb, the team's owner and president, and fans.

However, Eagles officials who watched the news conference told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that the team will not take Owens back.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Owens was making a public apology in hopes of returning to the Eagles immediately.

"We hope he plays again for the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus said.

"I fight for what I think is right. In doing so, I alienated a lot of my fans and my teammates," Owens said, reading a statement outside his house in Moorestown, N.J., outside Philadelphia.

"It really hurts me not to be a part of this team anymore," Owens said.

Rosenhaus said Owens wants to return to the Eagles "ASAP."

Owens on Monday was told by the team not to return this season. The decision resulted from "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said.

The All-Pro wide receiver didn't play in Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

He was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback instead of McNabb.

Owens apologized specifically to Reid, McNabb, Eagles president Joe Banner, owner Jeffrey Lurie and to fans.

To McNabb, Owens said, "I apologize to him for any comments that may have been negative."

"Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.""Next question.".................