Jambands.ca

The Funky Meters Original Line Up

Drawbar

I just got back from Chicago. We drove down there to see the Meters original line up at the house of blues. I have to say I think that show was definately in the top 5 all time shows I have been to. Not too many people know these guys. They are the funk. They are more funky than Parliament Funkadelic or Bootsy. Hell, they would even give James brown a run for his money. If anyone gets a chance to ever see these guys I highly recommend it.

Check them out at http://www.themetersonline.com/

You will not be dissapointed.

We also managed to see Duwayne Burnside from the North Mississippi Allstars playing at Buddy Guys Bar.

Gave me shivers.

Chicago is amazing for music. Check that city out if you ever get the chance.

Josh

i lived in chi-town for a few months back in 2001, was a pretty dman good time as far as music goes, saw a ton of great bands there, even the local barbands were really good. for the most part anyways, i think id give my pinkytoe to see the meters, they are the funk.

Right on Josh, I've been keeping my eye open for the show to turn up on etree.

Chicago does indeed kick ass, last time I was there was for GD in 91, Buddy Guy's is an awesome club.

And yeah, like Steve inquired and me after that party at your bros, since ya guys do know some Meters can we expect some to perhaps join the rotation? Also, I know you recorded some of that night, anyway I could maybe score a copy off ya? Maybe at Casbah?

I don't kn ow if we can pull it off the way the Meters do. I'll talk with the guys. A friend of my dad's recorded us playing at Abe's. He is putting it all together. I will check with him and get back to ya.

As far as NYE, I won't be able to attend. The guys are doing it without me. It sucks. I am going to be in Arizona with my wife and kid visiting her family. We do have some pretty stellar shows coming up in January though. Maybe we can get some Meter's together for then.

Adios.

Josh