Jambands.ca

For Sale: 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix, asking, 12 pack.

rubberdinghy

Funny how you can use vehicles to distinguish periods in your life, well I know I can anyway. The ole green nerobus #2 (which I named Ziggy years ago, but it never really stuck), is up over 320,000km (although its only a '98) and I think the tranny's going. We rammed a lot of miles on that van in a short time, and it only let us down twice....and both times were results of poor workmanship that was done on it. Anyway, farewell scottymobile!

on cars:

My first was a Tomato - a little red something-or-other. After 6 months, she couldn't get over 60 km/hr. She was cool...started everyday in the winter, even if she coughed all day.

My second car was an '87 Honda Prelude. I loved the bitch that she was! Man, she had spunk! And then I got into an accident and had to bury her. I remember going to the junkyard/graveyard to say goodbye. I still miss that car...

Since I wasn't nearly ready to part with "CrazyBitch" mentioned above, my next purchase was an '86 Honda Prelude. Unfortunately, she didn't even know what "bitch" meant. She did, however, know what whiney twunt meant...and she reminded me everyday. I eventually parked her in the driveway and restricted the insurance to "fire." I drove her one last time, seized brakes and all (not just for one last ride, but to let her know who was boss) and then sold her for a hundred bucks. Lesson learned: never replace a Stella with a Lucky (hehe...you're allowed to learn the same lesson twice, right?!)

3rd car, although it was hell on earth, actually gave me great opportunity to learn about cars..especiallly engines. And no matter the headaches that car gave me, I still teared up a little bit when we traded her in. She sucked, but some teachers do.

4th car/current car...if I could figure out how to, I'd make love to her.