Jambands.ca

Season's Greetings

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

'Tis indeed the season. I'm a cautious inclusivist around this stuff, but we're in a region here where people get terribly stoked about it all.

I saw this piece on the CBC site "Inclusive" name change needles NS tree grower - and while it seemed pretty standard fare, there was one line that caught my eye -

Donnie Hatt, of Beech Hill, says he wouldn't have sent his 36-year-old white spruce to Boston this year if he knew it would be called a "holiday" tree. In fact, he'd rather see it run through the wood chipper in his backyard.

Destruction as the best recourse to the problem? What does this suggest?

It indicates unwavering redneckity that seems to be rearing its head a lot in my life these days.

I think the term holiday started as Holy Day so we're not really changing much with regard to the holiday tree are we? Turn off the wood chipper and go back to interpreting the bible literally.

Jesus horse.

Edited by Guest

This poster fest is making me laugh a lot Mangler.

It's gonna be a white Kwanzaa.

Deeps

PS Can you respond to my drug questions in the Trey talk sobriety thread?

PPS 666 posts and this one's around a religous thread....happy Satan day.

Edited by Guest

And again! At least twenty-four more days of stuff like this, it's to be expected.

Christmas proclamation under fire from Jewish group .

My favourite line here -

"As I've said a number of times, we have no objections to the celebration of Christmas," Goldberg said. "I'm shocked that they felt, as Christians, that they had to use the power of legislation to celebrate such a wonderful holiday.

Reminds me of those places like London that feel called on to proclaim Straight Pride days because they've let themselves feel so threatened.