Jambands.ca

cd burning programs.

meggo

okay so something happened to my windows media player rendering it useless as far as burning goes; i've been using a downloaded version of nero but i find that when i burn mp3s onto it they're kind of skippy when you listen to the cd, it's very very annoying and happens with every track, even when they don't sound that way on my computer. i'm thinking i need a new burning program.

help?

I've been using Ahead Nero with our old computer, and it works great - even has a good streaming .wav recorder that I've used an awful lot as well. Our new computer was really confused with it, though - it wouldn't recognise our burner drive. If you want to give it a shot, I'll be glad to leave the disc with you.

(And then the ceiling came crashing in and guys in black uniforms suspended by cables from helicopters threw me in a burlap bag and whisked me to Bill Gates' torture emporium...).

I use Feurio for burning audio CDs. It's made by the same people that make Nero, only tuned specifically for burning audio CDs. It's shareware. You'll have to click on annoying pop-up when you open the software but other than that it is fully functional.

By default the program inserts a 2 second gap before each song. For live shows I just remove the gap in the settings before burning.

http://www.feurio.com/English/index.shtml

thanks - i downloaded it but couldnèt manage to get a cd burned. i am probably just being obtuse but explicit instructions would be appreciated, perhaps a PM would be more appropriate.

cheerio!

Ha! I was actually typing out instructions in my post, because I had trouble with it when I first downloaded it. But then I was worried about insulting your intelligence, so I deleted them before I posted. But now that I look at their site, there really isn't a tutorial anywhere! Crazy. Anyway, not to worry, here's how you work'er, 'sreal easy:

- Open the program

- Click 'Mastering' on the menu bar and choose 'Audio CD' or 'Data CD' as the case may warrant

- This takes you to a new screen where you can either click 'Add files' and choose them that way, or click and drag files directly into the window

- When you've got it all ready to go, click 'Compile' at the bottom right

- The program will tell you how much is being compiled (e.g. '457 MB to be written'); click 'Ok'

- It'll take a few seconds to compile, a little longer if you're using FLACs or anything else it might have to decode

- When it's done compiling, it takes you back to the first screen

- Click 'Write'; again, it'll tell you how big it is, and how much space is on your blank disc (e.g. '457 MB to be written to disc, 701 MB free'); Click 'Ok' and it'll burn

There's an options menu somewhere there too (not at home so can't recall offhand how to access it, should be in the menu bar) but you can change the usual basic burning stuff like pauses between songs, write speed, etc. Good luck!