Jambands.ca

Habs news

badams

Sure, losing a player for nothing hurts, but how many chances did this guy get? Potential is only potential and his potential was really losing steam. What do you think they would have got in a trade for this guy? I think the media may have built him up more than he is actually worth. We'll see, I suppose but it sounds like he was a bit of an a-hole in the dressing room and whined all the time that he wasnt with the big club.

Guest Low Roller

Regardless of his reputation or talent or whatnot, this recent move is a clear indication that the Habs are looking for additional help for tonight's game against the Sens, and were willing to risk losing Hainsey in order to have that 6th defenceman ready for the game tonight. Add to the fact that Julien doesn't like using Mark Streit too much, you can pretty much expect Boullion to log 25 minutes of ice-time at least.

What?

275 grand for the rest of the season, all the while they are something like 4 million under the cap? That isnt a big deal. If they make a move and take on some salary, you can guarantee they will be shedding some as well.

I think any squandered money is an issue with the cap in place.

Guest Low Roller

So here is the full scoop on the defence situation...

Out for tonight's game: Souray, Markov, Komisarek

In: Ron Hainsey... nope, Jean-Phillipe Cote

So Boullion and Rivet will take the brunt of the work, Dandenault and Streit will be 2nd line D, and Cote, who has never played in the NHL before, will be the 5th D.