Jambands.ca

Good Vibes Needed

can-o-phish

I'm not sure how many of you have been following or are aware of the latest kidnappings in Iraq, but this time it's cut to the bone as two Canadians are held hostage and are facing death on December 8th if their capturs's demands are not met.

Since the "Liberation of Iraq" and the beginning of these rogue kidnappings the survival or release of hostages has been little to none. Though I do my best to be optomistic and focus on the positive, I fear for these men's lives and the others before and those that most certainly will follow the same unfortunate and horrific path.

If you have a moment to dwell on this and send out some thoughts, at the very least it will keep the spirit of these people alive.

Canadian Hostages

jeebus.

i desperately hope that these guys get home safely, but if the woman from Care International, who spent the last 20 years in iraq trying to improve the quality of life for people in her orbit doesn't get out alive, i don't know what kind of chance these guys have...it's one thing to attack halliburton's hired goons, but another altogether to attack people who are there genuinely trying to help.

(((((((( 2 canadians ))))))))))))))))))

I'm not saying that these dudes deserve to die but how does this happen. Who in their right minds would go over there to provide aid without some sort of armed protection 24/7 knowing full well that they could be abducted at any second. I commend them on their good intentions and scoff at their naivety. Yet, I do hope they make it out in one piece however unlikely that may be.

I agree with Lazlo. Iraq is not the place for Christian Peace activists at the moment, it is too dangerous. They knew what they were getting into when they went over, trying to convert people to the christian faith is so not appropriate when the country is going through so much civil strife as is. I do however, hope they get out alive and well, and totally respect their good intentions of helping people.

• 3 months later...