Jambands.ca

co-op opportunities

tribalstar

Well, I am close to the end of my chef training program and I was hit with an blow in the fact that I did not get the job in Jasper, like I was so sure I would...

So I was wondering if anyone had any good funky/fine dine/ jazz bar etc....restaurant that they would recommend me applying to for my co-op. I do not want to work in an assembly line kitchen, I need to be working under someone who has their red seal and perhaps wants to apprentice me. If you could give me the names of some places that I could be in touch with that would be great. I am into going anywhere...relocation is not an issue....

I have few months (march 06) but I would like to get the ball rolling now....thanks everyone..

When we lived in Waterloo, Doug and I used to go to the Ali Baba Steakhouse. It was very good fine dining, with juicy, suculant, mouthwatering, bloody A+ steaks. We also used to go to Golf's Steakhouse for their surf(crab/lobster) and turf. LOVE THE GARLIC BUTTER! Around the Brantford area is Devlin's(my father loves them so much, they cattered Doug and I's wedding). They also have great steak and lots more. Those are my favorite places to eat in the world!(so far). OFF TO THE FRIDGE!

Tribal, I know you don't want to hear this, but a friend of mine named Josh went to Chef school and got hooked up with a Pro in Strat-hole. Apparantly there are more fancy-pant chefs there than anywhere else in this area. its your home turf so i know you know which places to hit.

PS-please make me some delicious food, thank you.

Have you thought about the Niagara region? They have some pretty nice restaurants. A past girlfriend of mine used to work at Hillebrand & Peller Estates as a Pastry Chef so I had the amazing opportunity to eat at a few places gratis which was fine :P I know a few people who work there still and could always shoot them an email...

yeah Stratford would be a good bet for sure. Although pretty much everyone that runs a restuarant there is an asshole, except for the people at Bijou, who are awesome.

Here's a few places to try, not sure if they match your requirements though...

The Church

The Old Prune

Rundles

Pazzo

The Annex

Bijou

Down the Street

Sapori

Keystone Alley

Tapuz

Woolfy's

Foster's Inn

AD

ok...

well i'm alan.... went to falstaff, king lear and central... left stratford in 98.

if we don't know each other i'm sure we have mutual acquaintances... stratford is so small.

sorry to hijack your thread, good luck finding work

ad

Edited by Guest

I was in your position a few years back. Try H-Careers if you want to travel. It lists jobs in high end restaurants, resorts and hotels all around the world. I scored a job in St. Kitts/ St. Nevis from that site. I reccomend heading out to the Van right now if your looking for a good chef to work under. Take a walk around Granville. With the Olympics coming up there is going to be lots of work and lots of people spending big $$$ for the best of what Canada has to offer.