Jambands.ca

Chords and Lyrics - Get 'Em While You Can?

Dr_Evil_Mouse

this happened between 6 and 10 years ago. All of the websites that had any lyrics were targetted and ordered to lose the lyrics.

It was stupid then, and it quietly all came back. I would love to sit down with the idiot that ultimately thinks that sharing lyrics/chords can be controlled.

It's not like the tabs and chords are accurate, nor can they be used to accurately reproduce any of the music out there.

as a beginner, it is handy because every 4 chord campfire song is on there somewhere.

And Dr. i ran into the same exact thing with the lennon, i looked up "hide your love away" and two different sites had the wrong key (assuming one was copied from the other as often happens "netwide" )

just threw it away and figured it out myself :)

Figuring it out yourself is always the way to go :). Sometimes you end up with a tip or even an inversion that makes you think, which I think is the best value you can get out of it. "Jealous Guy" I had rattling around in my head in an A when it turned out to be in G, but I got voicings that were pretty satisfying. Sure, I could have eventually found those out later rather than sooner, but then there are only so many days in one's life.

Yeah, for the most part the chords are wrong but there are a few sites like rukind.com and mybackpages that are for the most part dead on. I don't think I would have had the patience to learn Shakedown Street on my own but now I can rock the shit and teach it to a whole band.

Besides learning something by ear dosen't neccisarily make it better. If you were playing with someone something that was really complicated and they asked you what chords they were playing and they just turned their back to you and said guess, you would think they were a dink and you would be right.

It doesn't matter how you learn a song, it's how you play the fucking thing.