Jambands.ca

Rheostatics @ The Horseshoe Tavern

can-o-phish

This ain't gonna be a long review as Saturday night started off with the annual Fearless Films kick-ass Christmas Party which found Laura & I throwin' back cocktails & sweet treats with "The Dude" in preparation for The Rheos Saturday night show of the "Winter Nationals" so the memories from this night, though great, are a wee bit foggy :P

All I can say was it was a great night of music filled with grace, beauty & warmth...I love taking in a Rheo's show for so many different reasons; their gift of lyrical story-telling, off-the-wall humour and overall uniqueness that they have...a couple of guests popped up on stage for some impromptu jams and fun...

Wednesday will see them performing their entire CD "Whale Music" so that should be a great night to take in as well... :o

Sorry brad, but there are nights where I prefer to indulge in tattered fun and choose to let the music drift into the cosmos...can't say that I noticed any mics/tapers but then again, the weather in T-Dot on Saturday was found to be filled with scattered drunkiness with periods of foggy festivities :P ...the backdrop was giving off a nice glow...love those colours ;)

yeah, we caught the ass end of the friday night show, after iron & wine / calexico... last couple tunes in the set, then the encore.. rheos were great, the dopefiends and boozehounds was incredible, full on martin madness - and then a sweet take me in your hand and PIN to kick off the encores... throw a little bird in there, and a horrible tim song, and you got yourself a pretty sweet nightcap.