Jambands.ca

Breaking News: Blue Jays Trade!

Jaimoe

This is pretty exciting news, but not if your name is Hinske, Koskie or Hillenbrand.

From The Fan 590:

Santa Glaus coming to town

Pending a physical on Monday in Toronto, Troy Glaus will be introduced as the newest member of the Blue Jays during a scheduled press conference on Tuesday.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Toronto Blue Jays have reached a tentative deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks, sending relief pitcher Miguel Batista and second baseman Orlando Hudson to Arizona for third baseman Troy Glaus and a prospect, Sportsnet Baseball Insider Ken Rosenthal has confirmed.

Edited by Guest

Hillenbrand is toast. They signed Overbay don't forget. Koskie will probably be moved to DH.

The Red Sox will not be happy about this signing. As of today, they thought they had him. Here's an excerpt from today's Boston Herald:

The Blue Jays were believed to be furthest along in talks with the Diamondbacks last night, but according to one executive who recently spoke with former Red Sox assisant GM and current Arizona GM Josh Byrnes, “I think he’s going to Boston, that’s what it sounds like.â€

This rules! What a Xmas gift (along with my 10-game flex-pak).

If I were J.P. I'd get rid of Catalanatto, move Hillenbrand to leftfield, DH Koskie, Reed Johnson to rightfield and trade Hinskie and Rios for prospects, eating whatever salary is needed to get rid of Hinskie..

Best off-season...ever! Glaus...I can't believe it. Dude hit 47 homers in 2000...wow.

Wow:

Adams

Overbay

Wells

Glaus

Koskie

Hillenbrand

Zaun

Johnson

Hill

Wow:

Doc

AJ

Gus

Lilly

JT

-------

BJ

Wow!!!!!!

No team will take Koskie. He has two or three years left on his hefty contract, plus his injury-plagued 2005 season sucked ass.

Shea is coming off an all-star year and he is a natural third-baseman. I believe Shea is in an arbitration year too. You can't move Shea over to first because of Overbay. Playing him in left-field would be stupid since he isn't a natural outfielder or a fast runner. He'd be the easiest player to move, plus the Jays will get at least something of substance for him.