Jambands.ca

movie trailer - dylan flick

bouche

Yep,heard about last year.Huge Dyaln fanatic here.

Luke Wilson will star opposite rocker Bob Dylan in "Masked & Anonymous," the big-screen directorial debut of television writer-director-producer Larry Charles.

The film is set to go into production in July(2002). Based on the unpublished short story "Los Vientos del Destino," written by Enrique Morales, it is the story of Jack Fate (Bob Dylan), a wandering troubadour brought out of prison by his former manager for one last concert, a charity benefit. The film ends with Fate playing a concert. Owen Wilson is playing Bobby Cupid, a former roadie of Fate's who tends bar. He drops everything to join Fate in the charity concert. -

Also the movie had its premier at the Sundance Film festival back in Jan.

I have heard mixed reviews about this film,but as all movies for me,I'll check it out on video or DVD.Just can't drag me to a movie theater.

Hopefully its better than "hearts of fire"(1987 or 88) [Frown]

I love Dylan,definatley the biggest influence on me, but other than "Pat Garret & Billy the Kid" his acting and movies aren't all that great.Sad but true.

If anyone wants to read any reviews check out the Dylan "scholars" web-site Expecting Rain ,I know some people on that site I talk to seen it at Sundance.

"I have heard mixed reviews about this film,but as all movies for me,I'll check it out on video or DVD.Just can't drag me to a movie theater."

What if, and this is a MIGHTY big if, Moe were to film Moe Down for release, and everyone went along with the Esau For Mayor cut-out thingy, and they showed it in theaters?

AND, what if you won?

Would you, could you, go for one of those viewings?

quote:

What if, and this is a MIGHTY big if, Moe were to film Moe Down for release, and everyone went along with the Esau For Mayor cut-out thingy, and they showed it in theaters?

AND, what if you won?

Would you, could you, go for one of those viewings?

Still couldn't drag me into a movie theater bro,just wont go to those places.And I really dont think the cut-out thing will happen,from what I found out from a few moe fans I know,I would have to actually be there to win.All good fun though.

nice link bouche! thx.

it already looks as though some of Dylans lines don't have the best delivery going...but what are ya gonna do!? tell him to do it again? tell him how to talk? tell him he sucks? no...it's friggin bob dylan...you let him do whatever the hell he wants. he read the script and he knows exactly how the character should be played!

also, looks like there are enough great great actors involved that anybody not having studied acting all of their life and ate slept and breathed cinema is gonna come off as a little less than perfect.

nonetheless....he's only the to 'get back to the stage'.

i can't wait!

also, esau...it reallly really hurts that your hatred for theatres outways your love for dylan.

tsk, tsk i say.......tsk!........tsk!

No reason to feel shitty about a thing my friend,you had no idea and I wasnt really givin' any real reasons why I wouldnt go to a theater.

Funny actually,a friend today was also trying to get me to go,so it seems that i may just have to load up on toradols or oxy's and hit the theater.

Although I dont like the thought of paying the crazy prices at a silver city theater,they do serve beer,so thats a huge plus.

All good. [big Grin]

Archived