Jambands.ca

iPod video connectivity and usefullness

bouche

After missing Malcolm in the Middle since October, I used www.mininova.org to download about 7 episodes. I had a thought that I might be able to put those on my iPod Video and then hook it up to our TV with my iPod dock, which has an sVideo out and audio out.

I had to download the DivX and Xvid codecs and I was able to convert AVI's to iPOD compatible video using Quicktime, although I may be able to do that in iTunes with the latest update. After doing that, I sent an episode to the ipod and plugged everything into the TV. It worked great! The video was completely fine to watch and the audio was perfect.

Is there any way to get an ordinary ipod photo to play video?

Probably not in the traditional sense. I think you'd have to hack it, put on a flavour of Linux and then you can play HalfLife, Doom II, and probably play videos as well.

here's a link to some great FoodTV shows, PBS Documentaries and many other non-traditional torrents.

i'm trying to find a movie i saw on discovery channel or a channel like tht a few weeks ago called celestial voyage. it was fucking amazing. it looked at time, the smallest thing in the world, a quark, and how far into the universe we can see, i'm totally not doing it justice. it's narrated by not lawrence fishbourne, not samuel l jackson, but that other older black guy....the guy in i think seven...anyways....i'm trying to find that, and if you come across it, i STRONGLY suggest you watch it. take some psychadelic drugs first perhaps, if they're at hand.