Jambands.ca

Donald Fagen Canadian Tour Dates

ollie

Friends of the Hall went on sale for Donald Fagen this morning at 10AM.

I was going to get tickets for this show, but decided to hold off when I saw on billboard that Steely Dan are thinking about touring in the late summer.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

Steely Dan Mulling Summer Shows

January 24, 2006, 4:30 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Steely Dan is mulling a series of performances near the end of the summer, which would be the band's first since the fall of 2003. At present, it's unclear how many dates may be in the offing. First up, group member Donald Fagen will embark on his maiden solo tour in March and may extend that trek into the summer.

"It depends on how my shows go and if there's a demand for it," Fagen told Billboard.com when asked if Steely Dan would mount a full tour or just play select shows.

It's also too early to predict when the veteran jazz/rock act will begin work on a new album, which will be the follow-up to 2003's "Everything Must Go." Says Fagen, "Not until after the summer, that's for sure. [Guitarist] Walter [becker] is also working on his own solo album right now. He went into the studio a month or two ago, but I haven't heard any of it yet."

Fagen's tour comes in support of the album "Morph the Cat," due March 7 via Reprise. He will be backed on the road by a number of the musicians that play on the disc, including guitarists Jon Herrington and Wayne Krantz, drummer Keith Carlock and bassist Freddie Washington.

"I will probably do a lot of the new album and then some stuff from my previous solo albums," Fagen speculates about the tour set list. "Then, a couple of Steely Dan tunes and maybe some surprise tunes or covers I've been thinking about."

I was going to get tickets for this show, but decided to hold off when I saw on billboard that Steely Dan are thinking about touring in the late summer.

You know you can go to both shows, right? :)

Nice to hear about the possibility of some Steely Dan shows too!!

I was going to get tickets for this show' date=' but decided to hold off when I saw on billboard that Steely Dan are thinking about touring in the late summer.[/quote']

You know you can go to both shows, right? :)

Nice to hear about the possibility of some Steely Dan shows too!!

I can't go to both shows this year. With the amount I'm going to be laid off from the Oakville Ford Plant I'm seriously going to have to cut back on 60 plus concert a year average I have been on the past 8 years.

I'm going to stay firm and hold out hope for Steely Dan by late summer.

Tim

I pray to god there's a Steely Dan tour soon again! They blow my mind. I remeber gettin' down to AJA and The Royal Scam when the came out in the 70's. That's when thing were hot on the island, and a player got his game on right.

John herrington is playing with Fagen too. It just get's better.

Maybe we should all start a Steely Fan tread for Steely Dan releated topics?

Edited by Guest