Jambands.ca

Who's going to Derek Trucks tonight in Buffalo?

TimmyB

I don't know if I'm up for going to see the Derek Trucks Band at the University of Buffalo tonight(Wed 1/25/2006), as I'm a little too tired from the last days of campaigning in Hamilton Centre for David Christopherson and the NDP, but I would be interested to know who's going to the gig and to get their thoughts after?

Tim

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure when Derek will cross the border with his own band, so this may be the closest we get.

The last DTB Canadian gig saw Derek and company put on an exciting set, only to be rewarded with a luke-warm audience reaction. Derek rightfully left the stage without giving an encore. I was really pissed at the Comfort Zone non-cheering fans that night... and still am.

Yes it was the same show. The crowd was good until the encore break. The crowd sucked ass during the break. I was embarrassed. I had a friend with me who knew nothing of Trucks or the Allmans - she is more into NIN and The Smiths - yet she was cheering up a storm because no one else was. No wonder there was no encore.

Damn, Trucks in Buff tonight. Forgot it was tonight. I Wanted to do the Keller/Trucks buffalo shows then Keller came to TO so was nice to not do the buff border cross. If anyone can work some magic and get Trucks across to a venue in TO that would be something to see. Seen em @ Wannee last year. What a fantastic venue. Trucks was on. Hoping he'll come close by in the near future.

I can't totally remember that DTB show at the zone. We did a few there and I remember the crowd being pretty energetic but perhaps I missed that last one. That's too bad though DTB always seemed to have a nice following up here from what I can recall and it would be nice to see him and the boys up here again soon.

Jaimoe, do you remember the date of that Comfort Zone show? It's starting to bother me. I know I must have missed it because I would totally notice something like the crowd being all limp dick but everytime I've seen him I know the crowd was amped. Maybe I was just out of my skull though.

I can't remember the date. It was a good sized crowd and most of the people were into it. My beef is with the general applause level. When Derek left the stage, the crowd did not work for an encore, thus none was given.

BOOO... I definitely was not at this show! His Southern Ontario following is a much older audiance and not to blame that on the reason why people acted lame just wondering if that had something to do with it. Oh well, DTB fuckin' rocks and I still really hope we get 'em back up this way sometime in the future. I guess that's up to Marky, Jaydawg or House of pissass Blues now though.