Jambands.ca

"Zero Tolerance" Defined in BC

StoneMtn

I love living in a province where there are official policies regarding committing certain crimes that entail slapping the offender on the wrist. I think the term "zero tolerance" is defined differently in this province than anywhere south of us...

Whistler-Blackcomb’s zero tolerance policy on marijuana remains the same. If anyone is caught smoking pot, his or her pass privileges will be revoked for one month.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?cat=C_News&content=Smokers+1306

hahahahaha I love it! Essentially their policy is:

"If we catch you committing a particular crime on our mountain, and you happen to have a season's pass, we'll ban you for one month! Of course, if you don't have a pass, you're just done for the day. See ya tomorrow!"

Yes. It is not "law".

I just think it speaks volumes about our attitude out here. Do you think the DEA would allow Vail or Killington to publish that their policy is to catch people committing that crime, and then let them go without calling the cops to return and ski/ride another day?

Love it.

I find this hard to believe as there are teenagers openly selling pot (by the pound if you want it) right in the village.

Intrawest Corp. owns Whistler-Blackcomb. Intrawest doesn't own the Village. The teenagers you refer to (who are usually in their 20s or older) are stationed in front of a grocery store that is also not owned by Intrawest.