Jambands.ca

Jedi photoshop experiment

bouche

send me a photo of yourself in a jedi pose, holding a prop that could be the stem of a Lightsaber (like a microphone for example) and I'll turn you into a Jedi.

I'm dying to try this. I found a great link on the net on how to do this in photoshop and it looks really easy. I just need a photo.

I'd take one of myself, but I haven't showered yet.

If you want to try something really fun, get a video of you or someone with a broomstick or something on those lines (waving it around like a light saber).

Next, open the video in Adobe Premiere (available at your friendly neighborhood torrent site) and save or export (forget which one) as a filmstrip.

Now, take said filmstrip and open it in Photoshop. You will now have one giant picture that is a strip of the frames of the video.

Now apply the jedi light saber photoshop trick to each frame (yes, this takes forever) and save the filmstrip.

Open the filmstrip back up in Premiere and save it as a video. You now have a live action jedi looking person swinging around the light saber.

This little trick can be used to add effects to pretty much any video you want. If you film yourself in front of a single color wall (well lit and make sure your clothes, skin, etc contrast heavily with the wall and there are no shadows) you can tell photoshop to get rid of that particular color in the filmstrip. Now, take that video and super-impose it onto a movie or something and bam, you're an actor. I've put myself on street corners and in random spots in movies I've downloaded and the reaction from friends is pretty neat ("wow, how'd you get into so many movies..."

You can also use the trick to do things like shoot fire from your hands, etc.

WARNING: If you enjoy this, it's addictive.

Nope but I have done my own (before the jedi kid came out). I just love doing that shit. That's just an easy example of what you can do with photoshop and premiere and a good one to use to push this stuff on folks since everyone knows star wars. I would, however, be willing to bet that the jedi kid maker followed somewhat the same tutorials I did (nikki's tutorial's but I can no longer find them).