Jambands.ca

Great Lake Swimmers, Elliot Brood and The Golden Dogs - Free Tonight!!!

Large Marge

They promoted this as guest list only show, but when I asked for me +3, here's the generic response I recieved:

"Thanks for your rsvp to the NXNE, NOW and Steamwhistle Texas Send-off, happening TONIGHT, Tuesday, March 7th, at the Steam Whistle Roundhouse (255 Bremnar Blvd).

Check out live performances by Great Lake Swimmers, Elliot Brood and The Golden Dogs and enjoy a Texas BBQ from Dangerous Dan's!

Due to overwhelming demand, we recommend you show up early to ensure you get in. Doors open at 8:30pm. 19+

See you there, pardner!"

Sounds like it's first come, first serve to me.

The Steamwhistle Roundhouse is a huge place...but a bill like that, free of charge, could probably fill it. Sounds like a good time, Margy.

I did my high school co-op with a promotions team that put on a huge show at the Roundhouse...I drank free Steamwhistle all night and was blind tanked when all was said and done, absolutely didn't know my own name. Have a blast!

I'm pretty sure you still need your name on the list for this... I'm not sure that it's open to the public. I think they may be referring to the fact that their RSVP list may be over the limit now... might be worth a quick call before heading down if folks are not on the list.

should be a good one tonight though! can't wait.

I did...lots of industry types (and their high-priced girlfriends) 4 bucks for a bottle of Steamwhistle was okay I guess, but come on we were at the brewery. The Golden Dogs played first, they looked/sounded completely wasted...still good, but really distorted (a lot of screaming into the mics) I was impressed with the fullness of their sound but it really wasn't my cup of tea.

The Great Lake Swimmers were next and after the GD's high energy set, they put me to sleep (so Prost! and I left) Not a bad night for a Tuesday...