Jambands.ca

More Genesis Reunion Rumours

ollie

This is starting to look legitimate.

Legendary rockers GENESIS are reforming to record a new album and tour, it will be announced next week (begs13MAR06). PHIL COLLINS and PETER GABRIEL will reportedly reveal their plans to regroup the LAND OF CONFUSION band's classic line-up at a press conference in Los Angeles on Tuesday (14MAR06). Genesis last released a studio album in 1997. Gabriel left the band in 1976 to pursue a fruitful solo career, while Collins' own phenomenally successful solo career ran parallel to his time in Genesis.

11/03/2006 14:36

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/genesis%20to%20reform_11_03_2006

Found another source for the story here:

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=14466

wierd...i just had a dream the other night...it was one of them live music dreams.

I was watching that Genesis cover band and then Peter Gabriel came out and sang with them....all of a sudden, I looked at the drummer and it was Phil Collins.

Premonition??

I was watching that Genesis cover band and then Peter Gabriel came out and sang with them....all of a sudden, I looked at the drummer and it was Phil Collins.

Did you hear that 'that cover band' is disbandening? Rummors have it that they've been distributing pamphlets the past few gigs on their European tour...mentioning that there will be 1 more Selling England by the Pound tour in 2006/07 and then they're calling it quits!!! I am crossing my fingers that they are stopping international tours and will continue to grace us canadians with that fantastic music...but its anyones guess now.

There's buzz that this is due to a genesis reformation. Although I find it hardly justifiable...genesis will never be like they were in the 70's.

Did you hear that 'that cover band' is disbandening? Rummors have it that they've been distributing pamphlets the past few gigs on their European tour...mentioning that there will be 1 more Selling England by the Pound tour in 2006/07 and then they're calling it quits!!! I am crossing my fingers that they are stopping international tours and will continue to grace us canadians with that fantastic music...but its anyones guess now.

There's buzz that this is due to a genesis reformation. Although I find it hardly justifiable...genesis will never be like they were in the 70's.

I saw The Musical Box's first retirement show... in 1998.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after one more go round with Selling. They've been doing it about twice as long as the original Genesis lineup.