Jambands.ca

tinfoil hat time!

timouse

so during the day at work, i endlessly depress myself (and my co-workers) with the latest offerings of http://www.tucradio.org

the woman that runs this independent radio production house and web site is very cool, and knows some very scary things. the show is called Time of Useful Consciousness, which is a reference to a military air term, the time between the pilot realizes that he is totally boned and the moment that he blacks out and the plane crashes..."time to act and save the plane."

she recently played a lecture by a guy named Michael Ruppert, a former LA policeman who was drummed out of the force after alleging links between the cocaine problem in Los Angeles and the CIA/NSA/general black hat division of the US government.

his latest passion is the geoplolitics of Peak Oil, and he talks about his website, from the wilderness, and his book, Crossing the Rubicon (which i deperately want to order but am half afraid of doing for fear of winding up on a watchlist :) ).

A former cop turned investigative journalist, he prides himself on following "evidentiary rules" in gathering information and postulating links between events. The case he makes for US government complicity in the events of 911 is disturbingly compelling. He essentailly states that peak oil is coming, and with it a highly protectionist, very agressive approach toward "energy security," the euphemistic phrase describing US oil hegemony.

he describes his ephiphony moment, when he overlaid a map of US troop deployment with a map of global oil reserves, and discovered that the US pretty much "has the oil surrounded." He goes on to explain the following really suspicious things...in his words, "In police work, they are called Clues."

-the links between the CIA and Bin Laden during the Russian invasion of Afghanistan,

-the link between US dollar value and petrodollar trading, and the increasing oil trade in euros instead of US dollars,

-the holes in the official acount of 911, most notably the largely unreported war games happenning the morning of 911, which interestingly had to do with hijacked airplanes in the "northeast air defense sector," (aka the air over boston, new york and washington). by some accounts there were as many as 22 separate alleged hijackings happenning as part of these excercises. citing mainstream news sources from the days after 911, he backs up these claims, and then wonders rhetorically why they have not been talked about or mentioned in any substantive way in the 911 commission report.

-the unseemly link between most of the current US administration and the energy industry.

all of these things taken together paint a pretty ugly picture. basically he asserts that the US is fully aware that peak oil is coming, and are following an agenda of "energy security."

he goes on to postulate that 911 was the "new pearl harbour" that made this move toward US military hegemony possible. The phrase "new pearl harbour" turns up a lot in discussions about 911. from shrub's alleged diary entry the evening of september 11th to the 2000 discussion paper produced by Project for a New American Century, there are a discturbing number of references to 911 as an event that will galvanize the public and provide a pretext for US agression.

David Ray Griffin discusses the "new pearl harbour" concept in his lectures presented by TUC radio...he is a theologian from claremont college in california, and has researched and lectured on the meaning of september 11th and the war on terror. He talks about the war games as well, and the inconsistencies of when fighters were scrambled in the official timeline.

The more that i learn about energy security, the more freaked out i get. if these guys are right, the reality of it is all pretty terrifying.

so how many of you folks are quaking in your tinfoil hat???

Bartender: But I always thought we were supposed to put a paper bag over our head, or something.

Ford: If you like, yes.

Bartender: Will that help?

Ford: No. Now excuse me, I need to find my friend....

I'd love to see that pair of cross-indexed maps. I don't have any doubts this was all about expansion of US control over all that oil of theirs that happens to be under other people's ground. I would continue to doubt any direct role of the US admin in making 9/11 happen, but I don't have any doubts either about how well they managed it afterwards.

It amazes me all this time later that they really couldn't have invented something better to galvanise a public into an attitude of aggression (even of the passive sort) - even the idea of Islam has freaked out mainstream Americans at least ever since Malcolm X hit the scene (and the Nation of Islam back then was as unorthodox a bunch of Muslims as have ever been seen). I don't think people think about it too much, though; there only needs to be some vague sense of "something needing to be done" to muster the requisite consent (even an X in the right box on the ballot). We were in somebody's house the week before last, and counted no fewer than four pictures on the wall of the Twin Towers. And that's in the Ottawa Valley, of course.

*shudder*

i shouldn't have clicked the link. this kind of thing makes me feel like i should run around the house turning off all the lights and take up permanent residence in my basement and begin preparations for the beginning of the ???.

i am all too gullible and find myself completely engulfed when it comes to conspiracy theories.

So I just ran across this bit from the Herald-Tribune. It can be some relief to think that the people behind all these atrocities unfolding before our eyes aren't necessarily the minions of Satan, but are just stupid and insecure:

The FBI agent who arrested and interrogated Zacarias Moussaoui just weeks before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks told a jury Monday that his efforts to confirm his strong suspicions that Moussaoui was involved in an airline hijacking plot were thwarted by senior bureau officials in Washington who acted out of negligence and to protect their careers.

FBI said to thwart Sept. 11 inquiry.

While there are no doubt people who are rotten to the core who are pulling the really big strings, it's both comforting and distressing to think that the real work is being done by tools and functionaries of the Adolph Eichmann-esque variety, as described by Hannah Arendt (I wish I could have found a better link for that, but there ya go).