Jambands.ca

Adding some NW division flavour to this soup

AbeLincoln

thanks blane!

i really think that no fans are confident in their NW team's playoff chances right now ('specially the Canucks and Oilers).... but just like any good episode of Scooby-Doo, the suspense makes it so much more enjoyable.

5 points between 1st and 4th in the NW...doesn't get much tighter than that!

Mike Cvic running interference and Anson Carter's goal-mouth gaff aside I was pretty impressed with that game. Despite a tonne of Oiler pressure, the Canucks mostly kept their composure ('specially in OT!)and were able to bounce back after a couple of goals that would have normally made them fold.

Keith Carney is a pretty solid D-man, too.

Glad they gave Smitty his SO goal, made the win that much better!

Can't believe they haven't figured out Mr. Ruutu's patented shoot-out Freeze to the Backhand move yet ;-)

This picture is worth at least a coupla words...

todd_t.jpg

having moved out here from K-town, I must admit it was a selling point for me not to have to stay up 'til 2am to watch a Canucks game... the other selling point was that my wife and son were coming out here with or without me ;)

and then there's that bit about the ralph bucks....

pic07391.gif

sweet!

2 fer 1 in this series is the least I would've wanted from the Canucks this week. Close but not quite...

My highlight for the game:

Sign in the crowd reads "Let's drop some Coilers on the Edmonton Oilers!". I'm bringin' this to my next game at Rexall!

No bitchin', no moanin'....therefore, I ain't a fargin' Oilers fan...

Edited by Guest
poop

I'm happy when the boys can win the 7-4 games and the 2-1 games.

I'm unhappy with this regional broadcasting crap... thankfully I don't hafta stomach another Saturday Night Canucks game with Greg Millen droning on about "puck pressure" (his newest and most favourite buzz phrase) and his intimate knowledge of the officials...

yeesh...

i've got no problems with Kelly Hrudey (I actually repsect him more as a HNIC personality than a goaltender), or a guy like John Davidson, but Millen makes me want to throw sharp little rocks at his eyes...

Maybe Pittsburgh would be a good place for him.... better yet, how 'bout St. Louis?