Jambands.ca

Funk/Soul fans this way

fluffhead77

I was recently steered onto an album called Multipy by a guy by the name of Jamie Lidell and it's the GOODS! If you are a fan of Prince, the motown sound and all things funky I HIGHLY suggest you pick this up. I liked from the first listen, but it just keeps getting better and better.

and the kicker is this:

1) He's White (I haven't heard a white guy with this much funk and soul since Thriller came out)

2) He's British (I thought they outlawed funky brithsh people! )

3) up until now he's been one half of Super-Collider, minimal techno producers on WARP records

4) I'm fairly sure he played all the instruments and did all vocals!!!!

do yourself a favour and check it out... and FYI he's playing the opera house later this month for a measley 15 bucks...

Edited by Guest

yeah this whole album is out of control - it's already hit huge in Europe and is making waves here - he's opening for Beck and on the coachella bill.

A cool vid for another track:

http://www.warprecords.com/newsletter/2006/03/movies/Yougotmeup_web.mov

Hey AD:

It's on Warp Records, which seems odd for this type of music but he toured with Herbert and Manitoba and was always more glitch than funk. It's a fuggin' good album, no American idol/Jamiroquai crap... There's some cool remixes of Multiply out there too-

Hey AD:

It's on Warp Records, which seems odd for this type of music but he toured with Herbert and Manitoba and was always more glitch than funk. It's a fuggin' good album, no American idol/Jamiroquai crap... There's some cool remixes of Multiply out there too-

downloading now, i'll give the album a shot, i don't think your advice has disappointed me any other time... still those cymbals drove me crazy :)

i'll listen sometime soon and report back.....

thanks for sharing everyone

ad

Hey AD:

It's on Warp Records' date=' which seems odd for this type of music but he toured with Herbert and Manitoba and was always more glitch than funk. It's a fuggin' good album, no American idol/Jamiroquai crap... There's some cool remixes of Multiply out there too-[/quote']

downloading now, i'll give the album a shot, i don't think your advice has disappointed me any other time... still those cymbals drove me crazy :)

i'll listen sometime soon and report back.....

thanks for sharing everyone

ad

what was the verdict AD??

It's a fuggin' good album, no American idol/Jamiroquai crap... There's some cool remixes of Multiply out there too-

it's a great record no doubt, but I'm curious.. what do you have against Jamiroquai? and I'm amazed you lumped those guys in with the American Idol crowd.

Now I'll admit, the recent Jamiroquai records have gotten pretty dull, but those first two albums smoke!