Jambands.ca

GAME 1 Sens vs. Sabres Friday night: who wants to go?

Freak By Night

What a deal... I'd grab that if I wasn't in Toronto and working Saturday during the game. I tried to get tickets for Buffalo, but they were all sold out...

Dude... the game is on Friday....

AD

YOU JUST GOT THAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Christ's sake Badams. You are one of the luckiest sons of a bitch I have ever met. Once there is a parlay, it doesnt stop for you.

You and the Wackamole should go to Vegas. Let me know when it is going to happen. I am going to ride your Craps ass like there is no tomorrow.

Anyways, great story from the Sabres message board via PT:

It's a beautiful evening here in Southern Ont. and because a Canadian is a lot like a Buffalonian in that we know how to take advantage of good weather, the family went for a nice stroll through the neighbourhood tonight.

Here's where the story takes a Sabre angle.

Walking down the sidewalk I see something waving in the distance and turn to my wife "Is that a Senators flag on that car".

"Yep" she says as we get closer.

As we come upon the house in question I see that the garage door is up and just as if fate has intervened a man exits the garage walking toward the curb and is taking out the trash.

I can't resist, cause its the playoffs you know, and before I can think of a line for him it just rolls of my tongue as if a '96 Matthew Barnaby fed it to me himself.

"Hey buddy" to get his attention "May as well throw that flag in the garbage too" I say.

Before coming to grips that I said it, because I'm really a mild manoured nice guy he laughs first and then says "You a Sabres fan?". "Yes sir" I say.

"You guys don't stand a chance" he replies.

Then it takes a really weird turn, my wife spots one of our neighbours walking the dog and starts up a conversation.

The next thing I know I'm talking to this nice gentlemen about TB, Philly, Chara, Connolley, our hatred for the Leafs and it goes on and on.

About 10-15 mins into the conversation he says "Excuse me for 1 second", walks into his very clean garage and are you sitting down? The GUY exits the garage with 2 beers and offers me one. I'm @$%$% SHOCKED! I accept only cause he already twisted the cap off of it.

The conversation started about 6:15 and ended at 7:00.

Then he tells me that on really nice evenings he drags a plasma into the garage and sets up lawn chairs for anyone who wants to watch the game. "Feel free to stop by and watch", he says.

I tell him "I'll drive by and if the Sabres are winning , I'll honk the horn"

He then says "C'mon stop by, this is gonna be a great series"

So I've decided I'm not trash talking for this series. This experience just changed me, and I'm a kinder, gentler Sabrefan tonight.

Before we left though i turned to him one last time and said "Sabres in 6"

YOU JUST GOT THAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Christ's sake Badams. You are one of the luckiest sons of a bitch I have ever met. Once there is a parlay, it doesnt stop for you.

You and the Wackamole should go to Vegas. Let me know when it is going to happen. I am going to ride your Craps ass like there is no tomorrow.

Anyways, great story from the Sabres message board via PT:

It's a beautiful evening here in Southern Ont. and because a Canadian is a lot like a Buffalonian in that we know how to take advantage of good weather, the family went for a nice stroll through the neighbourhood tonight.

Here's where the story takes a Sabre angle.

Walking down the sidewalk I see something waving in the distance and turn to my wife "Is that a Senators flag on that car".

"Yep" she says as we get closer.

As we come upon the house in question I see that the garage door is up and just as if fate has intervened a man exits the garage walking toward the curb and is taking out the trash.

I can't resist, cause its the playoffs you know, and before I can think of a line for him it just rolls of my tongue as if a '96 Matthew Barnaby fed it to me himself.

"Hey buddy" to get his attention "May as well throw that flag in the garbage too" I say.

Before coming to grips that I said it, because I'm really a mild manoured nice guy he laughs first and then says "You a Sabres fan?". "Yes sir" I say.

"You guys don't stand a chance" he replies.

Then it takes a really weird turn, my wife spots one of our neighbours walking the dog and starts up a conversation.

The next thing I know I'm talking to this nice gentlemen about TB, Philly, Chara, Connolley, our hatred for the Leafs and it goes on and on.

About 10-15 mins into the conversation he says "Excuse me for 1 second", walks into his very clean garage and are you sitting down? The GUY exits the garage with 2 beers and offers me one. I'm @$%$% SHOCKED! I accept only cause he already twisted the cap off of it.

The conversation started about 6:15 and ended at 7:00.

Then he tells me that on really nice evenings he drags a plasma into the garage and sets up lawn chairs for anyone who wants to watch the game. "Feel free to stop by and watch", he says.

I tell him "I'll drive by and if the Sabres are winning , I'll honk the horn"

He then says "C'mon stop by, this is gonna be a great series"

So I've decided I'm not trash talking for this series. This experience just changed me, and I'm a kinder, gentler Sabrefan tonight.

Before we left though i turned to him one last time and said "Sabres in 6"

Now we are taking a Limo. I love this job already :)