Jambands.ca

Ottawa Black Crowes / Congress Centre Labour Troubles

AD

Call the Congress Centre.

Though if they're trying to save a sinking ship they are very likely to say everythings fine even if its not so....

Bar staff are on strike as well as service and kitchen...as far as I know so are the electricions.

So while I know they have had the non-unionized staff doing jobs of the unionized staff I'm not sure how the chefs & management are gonna pull off the electrical scene....I suppose mabey the band might bring thier own but I'm not feeling great about this...fingers crossed for y'all though.

I guess too they might be hiring replacements but I've yet to hear of this from my union...but my union kinda sucks imo so who knows.

I'd kinda like to go just to watch my bosses scramble. :P

Booze...I'd bet my shoes that if they pull this off there will be as much booze as possible and it will be expensive.

Snoots should be easy considering the shortage of eyes. ;)

edit to add..I just read my latest union letter(arrived Friday) doesn't seem like anythings antwhere near resolving itself....don't know how much of a difference this makes. :crazy:

Edited by Guest

For what it's worth, I contacted the Congress Centre about the show (mainly to ask if the venue would be OK with me bringing taping gear in), and the response I got said

We do not control if recording is allowed. It is the House of Blues.

Since it's a HoB show, I wonder whether that will affect any job action CC people are taking.

Aloha,

Brad

well at least one would think HOB has people who can clamber about in the ceiling to deal with lights and stuff....though I'm not sure if any legal issues complicate that.

Also I'm pretty sure strikers go home by 7-8pm so no nasty picket crossins to deal with.

That said while I'd like to see folks enjoy their show...OCC staff deserve alot better of a contract than those greedy bitches are trying to serve them...well us I guess but I'm pretty much outa there now.

I'm happy everytime I hear of an event getting pulled from there for now.