Jambands.ca

Chilli Peppers new one...

Baj

I have not bought a new cd in about 5yrs

picked up "Stadium Arcadium" chilli's new one,

the other day, and am really impressed!

28 songs on 2cds

and almost all of them are good

just thought I would pass it along if you were sittin on the fence...

Cool, I may have to check it out... I loved them in there older days - Blood Sugar Sex Magic is one of my favourite ablums... can't say I have really liked most of the songs on their past few albums... but this sounds worth checking out.

Not trying to get out the "hater aid", but my roomate bought this and I've heard the whole thing probably, 3 times and it's real boring. It's compitent, and it's not bad, it's just not that good.

It's a bland 5 of 10. But then again I'd only consider myself a moderate Chili's fan anyways.

Yeah, they definitely lost their edge after Blood Sugar... got away from their funkier side and went to mainstream pop... really too bad, Flea was the one that really got me into the Bass in my younger years... before I discovered the whole world of music out there outside of whats played on the radio.

I'm a pre-Blood Sugar Sex Magik fan myself. IMO, BSSM was the beginning of the soul-less Rick Rubin production era and lack of editing skills - it can stand to be trimmed by about 5 or 6 songs. In fact, the only post-Mother's Milk album I really enjoyed was the one with Dave Navarro. There was some really fresh writing on that disc.

So yeah, Uplift Mofo and Mother's Milk are my two faves. The band just has not been innovative since then.

I caught the Chili Peppers on SNL a few weeks back and it was an eye rolling experience. Flea jumping around the stage like he's 16 years old and then (and this was the kicker) they played "Give it Away". I mean COME ON! If you're out promoting a new album, do you not have enough confidence in the material to avoid pulling out a 15 year old song?

Flea jumping around the stage like he's 16 years old

Flea is the shit! I mean how old is the guy and how long have they been doin this?, and he is still giving a high energy performance to his fans...I guess your not into that? but I would like to see more of that energy in every band I see...

I caught the Chili Peppers on SNL a few weeks back and it was an eye rolling experience. Flea jumping around the stage like he's 16 years old and then (and this was the kicker) they played "Give it Away". I mean COME ON! If you're out promoting a new album, do you not have enough confidence in the material to avoid pulling out a 15 year old song?

ok well I guess you only caught their second song, being what you stated "give it away"

the first song was "Dani California" which is off their new one... dont most bands play their new track and then an old one? I could be wrong :P

http://www.tv.com/saturday-night-live/tom-hanks-red-hot-chili-peppers/episode/690051/summary.html

this is what you should look for on that page...

"Red Hot Chili Peppers performed "Dani California" and "Give It Away." "

Oh no, I caught the first tune as well. I just wasn't impressed is all.

I guess I could understand playing Give It Away in a concert, but when you only have two songs to show, play something new dammit. To me they were saying "Remember us, we did this song and you all liked it. It was a big hit, remember?"