Jambands.ca

CASBAH SHOWS **Upcoming** - Hamilton,ON

whiteymuseum

Casbah (& Casbah Lounge)

306 King St W, downtown Hamilton

|OUR WEBSITE| OUR MYSPACE|

Wed May 31 :: JOSEPHINE FOSTER | B.A. JOHNSTON | BEN CAPLAN

"If folk took slugs and freakfolk-as-fuck was the cooked crackjective it should be, Foster would wear the kevlar, no question." (Pitchforkmedia). -- IN THE LOUNGE/ECLECTRICITY SERIES :: PWYC

Thu June 1 :: MATT DIDEMUS of The Junior Boys

"Spinning an easy equation of French Pop/Electro/Ambiant Rock and Altered Beats." -- IN THE LOUNGE :: NO COVER

Fri June 2 :: KING KHAN & HIS SHRINES | SQUARE ROOT OF MARGARET

"10 piece Frenzy-Stomp Garage Soul Orchestra. KK openly confesses to the two grand black bohemians said to be lunatic Sun Ra and George Clinton, and whose stagings certainly remind us of a young Herman Sonny Blount and his Solar Arkestra." :: $8

Fri June 2 :: DJ CUT-HOW-YA-LIKE

"Rotating discs from all things afro-disco-funk-soul. CutHowYaLike is Hammer-approved." -- IN THE LOUNGE :: NO COVER

Sat June 3 :: Z'HOWNDZ | HESTON RIFLE | HYDROPONIC FUNK

"Members of Do Make Say Think. six-piece rock outfit from Toronto born out of the necessity to rock hard and rock pure." :: $8

Sun June 4 :: WINK BURLESQUE

"Established in 2003, The Wink Burlesque troupe are one of the few companies devoted to the restoration of the lost sexual art." -- IN THE LOUNGE :: $5

Mon June 5 :: 275 PINTS OF BEER

"DJs Andy and Clara of Mod Club/Diavolo fame spin Brit-Pop and Detroit Soul. Pints are extra cheap too." -- IN THE LOUNGE :: NO COVER

Tue June 6 :: SISTERS TO SATAN

"DJs Becky, Sasha, Laura, sisters devote the night of the 6-6-6 to un-devil music. The light side of the dark-side if you will. Mostly Beach Boys, people." -- IN THE LOUNGE :: NO COVER

Wed June 7 :: TRADITION | CHRIS YANG | SHAMAN AYERHART

"Self-described as new-wave/alternative/soul. Tradition leans towards the psychedelic side of soul. For fans of Rick White, Roky Erikson and Greg Ashley of the Gris Gris. -- IN THE LOUNGE/ECLECTRICITY SERIES :: PWYC

Thu June 8 :: THE STARS HERE | THE JOLLY LLAMAS | JEN MILITIA

"A showcase of Kitchener-Waterloo record lable DOORMAT RECORDS. A label housing support for soul, reggae and indie rock." :: $5

UPCOMING SHOWS:

Fri June 9 - CITY FIELD (ex-members of The Superfriendz/Flashing Lights/Sloan)

Sat June 10 - THE ACOUSTICATS/HARVARD MOUSE (Late)

Mon June 12 - THE PAPER CRANES/FROM CHIMPAN-A TO CHIMPAN-Z

Wed June 14 - MATT PAXTON/JESSE DANGEROUSLY/BILLY HOLMES

Thu June 15 - HYLOZOISTS/SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

Fri June 16 - ASTROKNAUGHTS/BAND FROM PLANET X

Sun June 18 - DON CABALLERO & guests

Mon June 19 - USAISAMONSTER/AIDS WOLF

Wed June 21 - FROM FICTION & guests

Fri June 23 - HAMILTON ROLLER GIRLS PARTY

Sun June 25 - HOT TODDY (Tickets Now!)

Mon June 26 - SUPERSTACK & guests

Tue June 27 - THE ORGAN/THE GHOST IS DANCING

Wed June 28 - FRIENDLY RICH & THE LOLLIPOP ORCHESTRA

Thu June 29 - LATE BP HELIUM (members of OF MONTREAL)

Lots of great looking music there Broadie. I'll see you Saturday, June 10th for sure. I understand that the Acousticats are now opening for Harvard Mouse right?

Got off the horn with Todd on Monday, and we're goin' with a Harvard Mouse set at 10:45, and a double Acousticats show to follow, \/\/illy.

Thanks for the ups on the shows.

PS: our lounge is officially smoke-free for all you folks holdin' back til it was ;)

I'm looking forward to that show as well. Here's hopin that some skanks will make the trip out for the 10th!

Julia (Brendan's sis) gets back on the 6th from school in France, we're all planning on hitting that show up to celebrate & welcome her home. Should be a epic night of mass consumption.

Initially it was going to be Fat Cats with Harvard Mouse, but Dave Hill can't make it, so now it's the Acousticats with Harvard Mouse, or maybe it should be called the Acoustic Cats without Dave. I'm almost positive that at a minimum it's Todd and Gatch with some percussion (maybe Adam). It would be nice to hear MarcO play as well, but I'm not sure if that's in the cards for this show.

In any event, Harvard Mouse is happy to be playing at this show ... it's gonna be a fun night!

Peace, Mark

Got off the horn with Todd on Monday, and we're goin' with a Harvard Mouse set at 10:45, and a double Acousticats show to follow, \/\/illy.

Wow. That sounds spectactular!

PS: our lounge is officially smoke-free for all you folks holdin' back til it was ;)

Did you scrape the walls, ceiling, and floor, scrub them all with muriatic acid, and repaint and recarpet the whole place? Just kiddin' ya but man was it smokey in there. :)

so THE ACOUSTICATS = todd and marco?

I don't think so. I think that's just who's opening for What The Thunder Said. From what I recall hearing, they'll be playing solo material that Todd's been working on that night (the WTTS night). I'm sure there's a lot of people here that know a lot more about it than me though.

I recall hearing that one of the 'Cats boys can't make it on the 10th. I'm guessing that's the reason for the Acousticats show. For some reason, my 'CTMF-hazy' memory thinks that it was Dave that couldn't make it. I really don't have any idea though. All I know is that I totally fucking LOVE the Acousticats!

If I am able to be out and about that night, I will be in the audience enjoying Todd and Chris (and drums?) doing what they do best, as it should be. That is, if Brodie lets me in the club after a few of my "having-a-bad-day-so-why-not-take-it-out-on-The-Casbah?" posts!

Tomorrow's gig at PJC should really be considered a Todd Gillies set, as distinct from an Acousticats show. In this instance, he simply has an accompaniast (sp.?) so he can let his fingers fly.

If I am able to be out and about that night, I will be in the audience enjoying Todd and Chris (and drums?) doing what they do best, as it should be. That is, if Brodie lets me in the club after a few of my "having-a-bad-day-so-why-not-take-it-out-on-The-Casbah?" posts!

There is a pair of ear-plugs at the door with your name on them, bucko! ;)

As far as my knowledge goes, the 10th will be Todd, Gatch, and Adam on percussion.

MarcO, our happy country home is that much warmer when you and Todd are playing together. You complement each other so well!!

So Hoolia is returning just in time for the 10th? Debauchery indeed. Things just keep getting better and better!

There is a pair of ear-plugs at the door with your name on them, bucko! ;)

They should be standard issue. In fact, don't you actually sell them behind the bar? Someone told me that just this past weekend. It made me wonder if the volume level is set to help sales of earplugs. ;)

Never have sold plugs, no. Volume concerns are very minimal. In fact mostly from folks on this board.

That truly amazes me. It really does. I can only figure that people on this board must be more willing to tell you the truth about what they think. Maybe that's not the case. Maybe other people there are more deaf than people from this board. I really can't figure out what it is though. I'll tell you what; since most of your patrons on the 10th will be from the board, how about turning it down a little? ;)

Sorry to rattle your cage there Broadie; I really do love your bar.

Cage not rattled. I'm cool. I'm trying to make light of a topic that stung a bit last year.

I've realized that you can't please everyone. And I also know that volume is not entirely the PA's doing, in fact in a small club setting has little to do with the PA, and more to do with the band playing on it.

Our beloved Fatties will be the first to tell you they crank it up a bit when they get on the Casbah stage moreso than PJC. There's a difference in PA magnitude between the clubs.

Our beloved Fatties will be the first to tell you they crank it up a bit when they get on the Casbah stage moreso than PJC. There's a difference in PA magnitude between the clubs.

Yup, I've definitely heard that from them.

Looking forward to the 10th!

actually, when i went back to the casbah after it's hiatus, i went to see drums and tuba. i thought (and so did everyone i was with, some board members, some not) that it was louder than usual. almost TOO loud. but i couldn't remember if d&t was that loud usually as it had been a long time. and i couldn't remember if the casbah was that loud all the time. then i thought maybe it was just the fact that the place was kinda empty. who knows. sounds like i might need to come out on the 10th and check it out again!

Sweet lineup there Brodie.. If I was in town I'd be all over HOT TODDY on my birthday!! Damn. The Salty Sessions 1 & 2 have been on steady rotation with me the past few months. Anyone who checked out the Doug Cox & Sam Hurrie show at PJC should enjoy Hot Toddy (though in a less steel-y way).

Hylozoists show should be fun too!