Jambands.ca

HMV

kookycanooky

Get the last Zeppelin DVD set and be done with this thread.

That DVD made me stop listening to Zepplin. I personally don't want to see two men in tights eye-fucking the camera. Jeez they were no better then the backstreet boys. When they play the battle of evermore I think it was they didn't even show John-Paul Jones playing the melody on the mandolin. Just close-ups of Jimmy Page making kissy faces at the camera and playing the rhythm and Robert Plant doing his best Madonna impersination. That's when I turned it off and returned it for something decent. Sorry for ranting.

Anyways I concur with the Ween - Live in Chicago

or Sister's Euclid - Seven Years of Mondays

But I also suggest checking out the Bonaroo DVD's you get a whole lot of different artists and full songs. Keller Williams - Sight was also really cool.

Guest Low Roller

There is a Radiohead DVD called Meeting People Is Easy, I think that may be the documentary mentioned above, however there is no mention of recording Kid A anywhere on there.

Get the last Zeppelin DVD set and be done with this thread.

That DVD made me stop listening to Zepplin. I personally don't want to see two men in tights eye-fucking the camera. Jeez they were no better then the backstreet boys. When they play the battle of evermore I think it was they didn't even show John-Paul Jones playing the melody on the mandolin. Just close-ups of Jimmy Page making kissy faces at the camera and playing the rhythm and Robert Plant doing his best Madonna impersination. That's when I turned it off and returned it for something decent. Sorry for ranting.

Are you talking about The Song Remains The Same? If you are' date=' then I agree. If you meant this DVD set...

[img']http://thebestofwebsite.com/Photos/Music/Led_Zeppelin/L_Led_Zeppelin_DVD.jpg

... then you are insane.

Hey AD, do you have a good sound system with DTS audio? That Zeppelin DVD threatens to blow the roof off of any place.

Sadly, such an audio setup has been on my to-do list for a long time, but it takes a back seat to more pressing financial concerns. One of these days....

I walked out with nothing.

You should be completely embarrased that you started this post now that you realize the entire world can see how much of an putz you are. How easy is it to pick out free music???????????

Why do I need free music when I have Oink for anything i'd ever need...I specifically wanted a music DVD of some sort, as i enjoy those the best...And i think it was a wise choice to walk out as that HMV was in yorkdale which sucks balls.

funny thing about the zeppelin - i absolutly love song remains the same, and I did buy the new box set a while ago but I rarely watch it.

So i went with afro's choice of "Miles Electric: A different Kind of Blue". Its really good, but i dont know how often i'm gonna watch it. in hindsight i should have picked up bangladesh...that was 22$ and i ended up finding a $7 Bill Evan's "essential collection" which sucks BALLS.

Thanks for the suggestions...umphrey's is definatly on the list.

If your in Hamilton, best spot latley is Cheapies. They are focusing more on DVDs now-a-days supposedly. I know that doesn't help with eh HMV gift certificate, but my friend Brendan hits it up almost weekly and always grabs some great music DVDs.

I browse through the Cheapies used section at least once a week. It's never too hard to find something to buy. Between that and Dr Disc there's pretty slim pickings around Hamilton.

Funny enough, it's the Future Shop that often has good selections and value these days.