Jambands.ca

ROLLCALL: Maceo Parker - Ottawa Jazz Festival

thatpatguy

Do you have to pay to get to the fountain? I've watched bluesfest (or listened) from there before but not jazzfest. So far my plans are to meet up with buddies on the bridge overlooking the park (I do have the right park right, just off the bridge at the rideau mall?)

I believe the fountain is considered within the grounds of bluesfest, so yeah, you'd need to pay.

Maceo is one of my idols so I'm paying for sure.. get as close to the stage as I can for this gig man!

And yeah, that's the right park.

And Vanderpark at The Rainbow afterwards eh.. could make for a fun night!

Have fun everyone! Maceo Parker ripped it here in Toronto last night, played for almost 3 hours I believe! The best part was it raining for a lot of the show and I just got soaking wet dancing in the rain. Great stuff, great stuff.

enjoy!

oh and dont forget to pass the peas

How long do you expect Maceo's set to run, Pat? Jazz fest shows also usually start on time, don't they?

Aloha,

Brad

Maceo is slated to start at 8:30 and I would be surprised if they are running much later than say 15 minutes or so.

I could totally see him playing from 8:30-11:00 non-stop. But, as we all know, all sound must cease at 11:00pm sharp.. so maybe he can push it to 11:15, maybe he'll stop at 11:00.. but I'd be surprised if he ended before 11:00.

I could be wrong though, I've been wrong before :)

Well, so far the plan is that I'm meeting some folks on the bridge outside the top of Rideau center and I think we're watching from thereabouts.

If anyone wants to join our group, I look like the picture at http://myspace.com/matt_j_marion but with longer hair (think something on the lines of ari's hair but not quite so big)

Not sure what the plans are for rain but I don't think they'll change unless it gets right cold out or hail or something on those lines.