Jambands.ca

~THANKS~ VANDERPARK, SKYHOOK & SUSHI BOY + DAVE's BIRTHDAY PARTY~

Jay Funk Dawg

Vanderpark_hoochjuly14.jpg

FRIDAY, JULY 14

VANDERPARK - www.vanderpark.com

SUSHI BOY - www.myspace.com/sushiboyband)

SKHOOK - www.skyhook.titaniumhand.com

and DJ ?uesquecest for good measure!

and p.s. Vanderpark's frontman DAVE's BIRTHDAY!

This summer's onslaught of Vanderpark's

unique blend of high-voltage rock and roll will be electrifying auditory cortexs with a huge concert at The Hooch (above Gypsy Co-op) on Friday July 14th.

The concert on July 14th will be of epic proportions, and on the bill is

the ever so talented Sushiboy (who also happens to share half of Vandpark's Marcus' genetic code), and musically gifted shredding nufunk/electro/house styles of Montreal's Skyhook.

Here are the details in the Dave Stulberg birthday format, that the last 25 years have come to know and love.

Edited by Guest

I'm really stoaked for this bill -

Sushiboy has been really kickin' it these days, and has a killer new demo (plus i dig their t-shirts), and the boys in Skyhook never cease to amaze me: the talent in this band is unparallelled. The guitarist, Mikael, used to play in a band called Azuris Aurum. I'm not sure if anyone ever got to see them, but they were a real treat for the ears. Sophisticated compositions, amazing chops all around...these guys really push it, and the groove is intense.

Vanderpark put on a great show.. this was a hot n' sweaty night, thank god we had some fans!

Skyhook was also really great, I love their live looping and breakbeat vibes, what a great flow from Sushi' Boys singersongwriter vibes, to Vanderpark's Rockin' out to Skyhook's Dance party vibes, the entire night was a great flow of fun.

Happy Birthday to Dave, who looked like he had a great time!

This was the second last show of my NUFUNK FRIDAY SERIES...(time to move on!) The LAST SHOW is this coming Friday with the HOUSE OF ROCK featuring: SLOWCOASTER, CARMEN TOWNSEND & TOM FUN. There will also be a early show at 7:30.. acoustic stuff by Sloco's Stephen MacDougal and Carmen Townsend.. yarr~