Jambands.ca

Brent Mydland: 10/21/52 to 07/26/90

MarcO

Brent, you rocked my world once and once only: 3/22/90 at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario. But in my mind's eye, YOU are the keyboard player for the Grateful Dead. I loved your playing and your singing, and several of your songs still hold a special place in my heart.

I remember the shock of hearing of your tragic and sad passing sixteen years ago today. You will never be forgotten.

Rest in Peace, brother.

BrentMydland.jpg

I was lucky to see him with the Dead about a dozen times. I was a Brent fan and couldn't understand some Heads' supreme dislike of him. Oh well.

I was at the first show sans Brent (Richfield, OH) and it was a very intense scene. After a rainy afternoon and big rainbow appeared over the Richfield Coliseum before we went in. It was a moving moment.

RIP Brent :(

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

How very sad indeed. Brent still reigns as one of my all-time favourite B3 players, and his voice...!

I still can't listen to "I Will Take You Home" without chills going up and down the spine. Someone recently posted (in the wake of Vince's death) that line from Barlow, that Brent had died of "rock and roll, and a terminal affliction of the heart" - there's a phrase that will stick in my head for a long time (even though Time seemed to have missed the nuance of it all).