Jambands.ca

Sonic Youth Tonight @ Kool Haus

Jaimoe

I like the newer Sonic Youth sound. It's what attracted me to them in the first place: see Sonic Nurse, Murray Street and Rather Ripped.

oh don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of the new sound too. just that sonic youth back then had a big say of bringing me into who i am today, music wise.

I like the newer Sonic Youth sound. It's what attracted me to them in the first place: see Sonic Nurse' date=' Murray Street and Rather Ripped. [/quote']

oh don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of the new sound too. just that sonic youth back then had a big say of bringing me into who i am today, music wise.

I'm not getting you wrong. I'm actually working my way backwards. I never listened to them growing up and only started getting into them in the last year. I'm really liking the Goo album.

Do Sonic Youth still play anything pre-Goo? I'm not expecting it but it would be nice to hear something from Daydream Nation at Osheaga.

I read a brief review of their gig at Lollapalooza. They played 3/4 of Rather Ripped and a few nuggets from their past. Keep in mind that festival setlists often skewer towards new material given the shorter gig time.

i was late to the detroit show and maybe caught a little more than half of it.. i'd say it was nearly 80% new stuff... i've been looking for a set list online but can't find one. they're definately, hands down, more jammier than ever. cool by me! :)