Jambands.ca

software advice request

bokonon

I found this websit( http://www.click-soft.com/ )that offers incredibly cheap unlicensed software. Does anyone know if this sort of thing is reliable and am I really getting the full version of the programs this way? I'm not too concerned about the legality of the software, I just want to make sure it is what I need so I don't waste my thirty bucks and then have to go out and get the expensive and licensed program anyway.

Or else does anyone have access to a copy of Dreamweaver and Microsoft Office Pro?

awesome! thanks for the offer, but my school says i need word and all that jazz. But it's most appreciated anyways! :)

As long as you can save your file as Rich Text Format (*.rtf) or save as a Word doc (*.doc) they will be able to open it perfectly without formatting issues.

Later. . .

Kanada Kev =8)

As long as you can save your file as Rich Text Format (*.rtf) or save as a Word doc (*.doc) they will be able to open it perfectly without formatting issues.

Later. . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I have to disagree with this as Word doc's can open up in an entirely different layout then how and what program they were created in.

The safest way to export a word file so that it looks identical in any program is a PDF file.

Very true. However, are there any affordable/free apps that will do this?

Do a search/google for Cute PDF Writer...it's an app that takes your document and prints it as a PDF file but instead of printing it you can save it to your Doc Folder.

It is/was a free program. I use it all the time for converting business docs that are for email.

Also once your doc becomes a PDF file it cannot be changed or altered by anyone else unless they have a full blown version of Adobe.

Cool. I didn't know there were any freeware items that saved to PDF. Good to know.

Also once your doc becomes a PDF file it cannot be changed or altered by anyone else unless they have a full blown version of Adobe.

That's the most powerful feature.

PS. if I can help anyone out, i've got a great DVD choc full o' Adobe products :P

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)