Jambands.ca

Two questions

snarfmaster C

fried okra is yummy in a cornmeal coating. i dip it egg, then cover in a cornmeal and flour mixture (and s+p) and fry it up! but i guess you don't eat eggs so maybe dip it in water or milk to wet it first? it might not stick as well...

as for the other question, i'm not sure...but i guess the acid binds with something in the tahini, but continued stirring breaks down that bond?

2. Why does tahini initially get thicker before getting runnier when you add a lemon juice?

Hmm. That's a bit of a brain fuck, isn't it. Soooo ... what makes kosher yeast kosher? :P

I'm curious now, though, and determined to find an answer. Thick before runny, you say ...

as for the other question, i'm not sure...but i guess the acid binds with something in the tahini, but continued stirring breaks down that bond?

You sir are 100% correct. The process you are desrcibing is called emulsification. Its the same thing that happens in salad dressing. Stiring doesnt break the bond down but increases the process and the acid is breaking down the fatty acids in the oil and taking their place.