Jambands.ca

SLAMMIN JACK 'The Last Schmaltz' - A Farewell Show

keither

Bonfire Music & Events are extremely proud to present, but sad to announce the final chapter (for now) in the ongoing saga of Vancouver's favourite adopted sons.

Although it won't be forever (Bonfire '07?), it will be a very long time until us West Coasters will have the chance to see SJ's inimitable blend of rock, funk, bluegrass & psychedelia once again.

Rich & Heather are moving East to Guelph, Ontario to start their family... but there had to be one last kick at the can for all you amazing people that have supported the band over the 5 years they have been performing as a unit.

So... without any further adieu or fanfare.

BME Presents

SLAMMIN JACK

'The Last Schmaltz' - A Farewell Show

Tuesday September 12th

The Fairview Pub

898 West Broadway

Doors at 9:00 - Show starts at 10:00

ONLY $6.00 admission for 3 final sets of AMAZING JACK ACTION!!!

Featuring...

Rich Martin (guitar) - you'll be missed brother

Scott Daniels (keys)

Jeffrey Kornblum (percussion)

Sean Scallion (drums)

Jim Guthrie (bass)

Also featuring MooseBroccoli on the knobs, Kermit the Frog in an unofficial mascot appearance, and the fine folks of South Jackton, Lower Jackton & the Jackton Highlands on ambience & general vibe setting!

... let the countdown begin!

Hey everyone.

Well... we've discussed this with Slammin Jack & the rest of the BME Team and have made a minor adjustment to the ticket program for this final (for now) Vancouver Slammin Jack show.

As Bonfire Music & Events are producing this event, and we have a pretty good idea that a lot of our folks will be making it out for this one, we couldn't help but come together and work out a BME ticket promotion to tie-in with the SJ show.

So... with that being said, here's the new lowdown on the two ticket packages that will be available on September 12th:

$7.00 - admission to Slammin Jack 'The Last Schmaltz'

*$20.00 - admission to Slammin Jack 'The Last Schmaltz' + a Bonfire Music Festival 'Live 2005' compilation CD and your choice of either a ticket to THE BREAKFAST (Friday October 13 - Fairview) or 'Halloween on Planet Groove' with THE PNUMA TRIO, KARMETIK UNDERGROUND & KJ SAWKA (Saturday October 28 - Fairview)

*$12.00 value added*

If you want to buy tickets to both Fall shows, no problems... they will be available.

We figured many of you would be coming out to one or both of these first 2 Bonfire Concerts in the Fall anyhow, so now you'll get a chance to save yourselves a bit of dough, get a great CD and lock up your tix early!

Tell me about it Alexis... I was working on that Halloween show in July! But, if you want the great bands from the U.S., you gotta work WELL in advance.

I've been working on NYE for a few weeks now too, so hopefully we'll get what we're going after and it will be a stellar New Years Eve in Vancity!

keither - is it going to be a new years eve party or will it be just another show?

the arts club didn't feel like a party to me last year and i swiftly regretted not going to the psytrance/slammin jack party. boo too the masses and greenroom for enticing me to go to a not so uplifting experience. they're so damn good.