Jambands.ca

Back In Orbit...

can-o-phish

Well, after too many missed Mondays because of work & the Sisters being on the road I finally found myself back in Orbit for a set last night...great to see the familiar Orbiters and I'm guessing a few skanks...the dreads were a giveaway as well as the hoots & howls...very sweet for the set to start of with Tumbleweed Tea...that is a first in over three years as far as I can think...and Faith Cola was refreshing and good to the last drop..er...note that is...Donna Lee was fun and Russ filled in for Ian as he's a Folk Alarmist...Ian is off in Australia with Jeff from the Tea Party who is now into World Music and is a huge fan of Ian's many styles...great for Ian...

All I can say is I can't wait to be back for another Monday which will probably be in October as my Mondays will be spent in London where I have formally joined the ranks as an "educator"...

And as always I encourage those who haven't experienced a Monday night with the Sisters to get yer ass into Orbit...it'll be the best 6 bones you'll ever spend... ;):o

How the hell could I forget "Lily" as Kevin pulled out the electric mandolin and ripped that one up as it's a FA diddy which of course Russ adds his b-flavour to...and Helpless was stunning as usual...the crowd was blown away...a very solid first set...wish I could've stayed for the second but life is a whole lot busier lately but it's all good... ;):)

C.O.P., I was there last night for my very first Sisters show. I was amazed.

Too bad I didn't know to hook up with you.

Great to hear that you made it into Orbit...next time just PM me though I won't be able to make it until the next holiday Monday...Thanksgiving looks like...I'm sure the second set was as good as the first...and hey, you witnessed a classic "Breit-Tale"...lost keys and no Todd Rundgren show...