Jambands.ca

Passenger and What the Thunder Said - This Friday Sep 15 - Jimmy Jazz

Deeps

Jimmy Jazz (downtown Guelph)

Passenger set 10:30-11:30

WTTS set 12:00-1:00

WTTS and Passenger combine forces from 1:00-Close

$0.00

Last time we did this the place lit up people dancing all over the place and there were some afro-beat feels slammed along side straight up rock, funk, dub and peppered with jazz elements.

If you're in town at all this will work out just fine.

Deeps

Edited by Guest

I don't mean it in an insulting way but I prefer both group playing together. The last time they did this it featured a really good round robin of musicianship and Jim Slansky (Passenger) is very knowledgeable about improvisation and a great listener/catalyst for explorations.

No insult taken brother.

It's a pretty nice thing getting to play with Jim and the boys...it elicits a type of discipline and fearlessness from me that can't really be explored in the WTTS setting sometimes.

Deeps

PS I know that Aaron was pissed he missed this show last time....if you can get ahold of him please do and let him know what's going down.

i cant beleave it. i think may finally make to one of your shows on guelph. but i may not see all of your show as i am playing at the river run centre with an african drum and dance group. not sure what time it ends at. also have to convince the people that i'm car pooling with to go to the show. hope i can make it.

neugroove

Dude of course Deeps and Slansky and the boys were holding it down. Didn't know Passenger's bassist but he was dope, Brooks was dope all the thunder and passenger dudes.

But seriously kids the story for me is this kid Fez (Ferenc Staton) who is from Midland but moved to Brazil and put out this solo 'band' recording Green Go that he put out played all the parts, produced, and it's DOPE> He's moved to Guelph is only 19 and is living in residence. I mean seriously I would put his creativity and musicianship on Shout Out... and Fuck's level at least given his age. He had this custom oil paint Fuck tee on at the stage then he Julian Katz, another tight kid and WICKED photographer and I all went down. Seriously chill and sweet dudes, I want to get them to Weirdness's 30th.

I failed to mention Fez played keys and really guided a few passages and was getting major props from all the players and I'm sure Deeps would agree. I'll put out a transcrip of what Glenn Milchum (Holy Fuck and Blue Rodeo) talked about last night about a kinship with ANY improvising musicians which was glaringly evident at the late show. Even local panzer around town (and really creative musician Evan Gordon) was beaming at street level looking at the jam, and this is kind of a died in the wool indy snob although Salt Lick Kids play some dope shit./