Jambands.ca

Bridge School Benefit performers announced

bouche

[blurb]Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Foo Fighters, Brian Wilson, Trent Reznor, Death Cab for Cutie, and Devendra Banhart will join Neil Young to celebrate benefit's 20th anniversary.

[/blurb]

Some regular performers and a few newcomers are part of the just-announced lineup for the 20th annual Bridge School benefit concerts, set for October 21 and 22 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.

Eddie Vedder

The event, which benefits the school for children with severe speech and physical disabilities that was founded by Neil Young and his wife Pegi, will feature headliners Pearl Jam, the Dave Matthews Band, and the Foo Fighters. Young himself always performs a set at the event.

Pearl Jam has performed at four previous Bridge School benefits, and frontman Eddie Vedder played the event in 2004. Dave Matthews Band played the benefit in 1997 and 2000 and Matthews performed solo last year.

There are several newcomers to the event as well, with former Beach Boy Brian Wilson, Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor, Death Cab for Cutie, and Devendra Banhart all set to play.

The benefit will likely add more performers in the coming weeks.

Tickets go on sale Sunday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster.

If anyone gets a chance to check this out, i highly recommend it. I went to the 18th annual festival and was absolutely blown away. To this day they were the best concerts I ever got to see.

All bands play acoustic. When I was there the line up was Neil Young, Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Sonic Youth, Ben Harper and Eddie Vedder. Best part was - it happens twice, 2 concerts both Saturday and Sunday!

Paul joined Neil to sing Only Love Can Break Your Heart. Neil, Ed Ved, and Ben Harper all joined Paul for a rockin' version of Hey Jude.

My advise is that if you like the bands on the bill and you don't have the money to go. You still have time to borrow it.

Good luck and I hope I get to read a review of someone who makes the trip to Cali from this board.

I don't know where you can get a recording of this show. But Neil does have an archived release coming out next month. He is going to release a live album, Live at the Fillmore East. I think this was a recording from 1970 with Crazy Horse. Could this be the start of the long awaited archives that he talks about? If it from the shows he played in 1970 it may contain a killer version of Wonderin'. Its great to hear this song performed with the Horse rather than the Shocking Pinks. I personally think this release is very exciting.

Are these ever broadcast or recorded? I'd love to hear Paul with Neil.

Nothing official has been released that I know of. But recordings do make there way out there. I’ve got some stuff from years past on tape and CD. What I have and where it is - well, that’s another story. But, I can try to dig some stuff up if you’re interested. Don't think that I have Paul and Neil though.