Jambands.ca

Stephen Harper shows his true colours

The Chameleon

i don't get why you feel like you're being held hostage. i mean, in comparison to people who really are being held hostage by tyrant/fanatical/extremist groups or governments, we live in friggin' la la land floating on puffy clouds and drinking apple martinis.

Let me clarify: I feel held hostage by Stephen Harper and his parties decision/policies.

It's all relative. I, like you am a Canadian and am beholdant to the policies, laws and changes the goverment of the day enacts. Therfore when a right wing Bushite like Harper, runs around spout ignornace and making choices that make me embarassed to be a Canadian, I feel powerless and held hostage to his decisions. Many people in big cities feel this way as none of us voted for HArper. Hence why he has no seats in The entire GTA.

To your point of the repression in other nations and our freedoms in comparison. I will say bluntly that in this dichotomy and discussion"It simply has no bearing".

I say that not to be crass, but for the fact that I am not evaluting the gov't system or it's effect of any other counrty. I am doing so from a Canadian perspective as a Canadian citizen. I am only concerned with what is happening (for this discussion) in our country. And my feelings and opinions are based on what as a Canadian we historically have come to expect and understand.

I see no need to frame the discussion by the trials and autrocities in another nation that has no realtion to our political system.

Edited by Guest

Therfore when a right wing Bushite like Harper, runs around spout ignornace and making choices that make me embarassed to be a Canadian

And how come you can make a comparison to another nation?

To your point of the repression in other nations and our freedoms in comparison. I will say bluntly that in this dichotomy and discussion"It simply has no bearing".

I see no need to frame the discussion by the trials and autrocities in another nation that has no realtion to our political system.

And then no one else can, as if you hold the supreme ownership of international comparissions? Why do deadheads always make themselves seem so closed minded by telling others they aren't as opened minded as they are?

And FYI, 23% of Torontonians voted Conservative... would you prefer if we all left town so your Torontopian Society can begin?

It's okay, he's just showing his loyalty to Prime Minister Hux... of all the generalizations in this thread, he picks one from the person with a dissenting view... the poetry is priceless... I think they just want me to leave again so they can enjoy their heddy 'hate harper' jam.

Hey smoothshredder, you are totally misreading me. It's frustrating!! Your insinuation that I'm kissing Hux's ass is so far from reality.

We've gone through this before. I dislike your tendency to throw all the anti-Harper views in this forum under the "closed minded deadhead" umbrella.

And I honestly wish you would post more regularly.

"prime minister hux".. haha! that's funny stuff! :)

i for one am hoping you go NOWHERE. it's nice to have someone around who sees things more as I see them (even though we may not agree 100%). plus with you around things are much more interesting and we actually have things to talk about! :) there is an entire world of ideas out there to be represented and yours are a valuable contribution to the table. people who can't handle differences of opinion SUCK... cuz that's the way the world goes 'round.

i appreciate how you push past the bullshit and call people on it. it's refreshing.

in ollie's defence, he's not that bad ;) he's given Harper his due from time to time and isn't overly preachy-- that should be noted.

Edited by Guest

A "Headdy Hate Harper Jam" Mmmmmmmm. That sounds srcumptious! I'm in! Where can we get this puppy rollin'! Way overdue.

I'm gonna attend this event smokin' weed, with a gay married couple and and while there I'm gonna register my long gun as well.

Excellent suggestion! Kudos! hahaha. :)

Edited by Guest