Jambands.ca

Upcoming Surly Young Bucks dates (Hamilton/London/Toronto)

TheGoodRev

I'm the proud new owner of a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp...

z-E-6-deluxe!.jpg

...and boy, does the pedal steel sound golden through this baby. You won't want to miss our rockin' and rollin' as we parade through Ontario over the next couple months.

WED OCT 25

Casbah

306 King St. West, Hamilton

With James McKenty & The Spades and Matthew Barber & the Union Dues

THU NOV 16

The Last Drop

511 Talbot Street, London

With What The Thunder Said and Lure

FRI NOV 17

Clinton's Tavern

693 Bloor Street West, Toronto

With The Canaries, who are awesome

THU NOV 30

Pepper Jack Cafe

38 King William Street, Hamilton

With What The Thunder Said

Check us out at thesurlyyoungbucks.ca

1286598840_m.jpg1286599599_m.jpg1286600791_m.jpg

1286604257_m.jpg1286598021_m.jpg1286602845_m.jpg

It is indeed a reissue. Sounds glorious. Traded my Fender DeVille 410 for it. Couldn't stand lugging that beast around anymore, and the Deluxe is so much better suited to what I'm doing. I can get as loud and/or as crunchy as I need to get with it, the Deville was uneccesarily large, heavy, loud and dirty. I'll miss it when I'm 50 and want to start a Big Sugar cover band though.

Oh man, a Quadreverb? I thought it was Super Reverb, which has 4 10's I think. I didn't realize it was that much of a beast. Come to think of it, it is a pretty huge amp. Last time I saw James he was telling me that his amp is due for new tubes and it's going to cost him an arm and a leg.

The other crazy thing is, I didn't know Fender was still making a Champ with tubes in it by the time they were making those red-knob amplifiers.

The other crazy thing is, I didn't know Fender was still making a Champ with tubes in it by the time they were making those red-knob amplifiers.

The pages I linked to are part of the Fender Amp Field Guide, which I find a credibly valuable resource when finding out about Fender tube amps. The "Champ" sections lists all the various Champs, including the Champ 12, Champ 25, Champ II (part of the Rivera-designed "II" line, which also included a Princeton Reverb II and a Deluxe Reverb II, which I've heard referred to as a "pawnshop prize").

Aloha,

Brad

That's what I hear, dave-o. Looking forward to playing there. Apparently it's the Friday night right after classes end, and there's some sort of tradition involving the engineers drinking there all day?? I don't know. But we're looking forward to it.

Just wanted to bump it on up as we have a Hamilton gig this week with The Spades and Matt Barber. Looking very forward to opening this show.

Engineers drinking all day at Clark? I wouldn't know anything about that.

(I kid)

'Ritual' is every Friday afternoon. But they kick everyone out around 6:00pm and re-open the bar later for the night. So unfortunately (or fortunately?) you won't be playing for the all-day drinking crowd.

• 2 weeks later...