Jambands.ca

Praise for Oink

AdamH

My word that site is something. I spent the weekend putting some Bob Marley torrents up but I had to do some serious digging in the CD collection as so much of what I have is already there.

The e-learning videos is interesting. I see that the 3-disc instructional DVD by John Mclaughlin "this is how I do it" is up there.

How long before I get invites to send to other people? I've upped 2Gb or so.

How long before I get invites to send to other people? I've upped 2Gb or so.

you need to be a PowerUser+ for invites:

"Must have been be a member for at least 2 weeks, have uploaded at least 10GB and have a ratio at or above 1.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 0.95 at any time. All Power User+ receive four invitations to use as they see fit."

I believe you get 1 or 2 invites per month after that as well. beware, don't invite people who have been kicked off the site before, or you get the boot

What does that mean? Can you not forward your ports? I tried flashing the Vonage router (Linksys RTP300) but it won't "stick". Keeps reverting back to ver 1.1 something.

Frustrating.

yeah, i can't log in to the adapter to forward ports. they won't give me the login info.

it's not vonage, it's the voip offering from CIA.com (aka worst ISP to ever exist)

but if you know how to get into the adapter without disconnecting my service that would be sweet, it's a linksys SPA2100 Phone Adapter

i have all the instructions for logging into the thing and all, just don't have the user ID and password. i don't know if i have the SIP Proxy Address, the pamphlet says i need that too...

anyways, thanks!

Shit. Sounds tough. Here are a couple of links which may have an answer:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Telio/SPA2100/Utorrent.htm

http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/thread/16270/;jsessionid=C396CB5F9A7BFDB63337A31261BA7AD5

This one http://www.dslreports.com/reviews/2680 says:

NOTE: The instructions that came with the SPA2100 say to put the router behind the SIP, but this will hamper your downloads because of the SPA2100's "aggressive" QoS and will cause needless port forwarding hassles because of DHCP. I placed it behind the WRT54G instead, gave it a static IP and forwarded port 5060 to it. I haven't had any call problems this way and my speeds are as fast as before.

Maybe this???

http://www.broadbandreports.com/comments/2680

My SPA2100 was set to 192.168.0.1 as the instructions said. I changed the WAN IP to static to match my router's subnet (192.168.1.1) and connected the WAN port to my WRt54G. Then forwarded port 5060 to it and it connected. Didn't even have to set up QoS.

It's true that this wasn't in the instructions, and they should be improved, but the default IP is indeed 192.168.0.1.

i don't have a router.... my setup goes modem - voip adapter - computer & phone

i don't wish to sound ungrateful.. but all that is greek to me... i have no clue what that stuff means, WAN IP etc.... (what is the smilie for 'sheepish grin')

i appreciate the help though!

been through all that before, can't login through web browser to the best of my knowledge because ISP won't provide me with user name and password.

SPA21001.jpg

i've tried to find out the required info on other messageboards and from CIA.com directly but with no luck...

i reallllllllllllly want to get clever though on OiNK, but right now it seems like it's not in the cards if I can't forward the ports

AD

i did it! now my question is, how does OiNK update to find out that I'm (hopefully) clever?

I'm seeding 3 seldom-wanted torrents right now, just wondering how I can test this out...

Thanks for the kick in the pants, this is a monkey off my back.

AD

Congratulations. Get that evil monkey off your back and get on the torrent wagon :)

Evil_Monkey_301.gif

I can't remember where it is on the uTorrent screen where there is an icon that lets you know that all torrents are connected and running properly.

Here's a link to a few procedures you can do to test uTorrent to make sure you're all good:

http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php

Run the port forward test and the speed test. Good luck.

My account is 'wwod' , but I've since stopped uploading to OINK after realizing their tracker doesn't keep very accurate stats on your ratio.

According to my bt client (Utorrent) I've upped 6+ GB, but OINK only shows me as upping 3.02 GB. My ratio is 4.946 when it should be considerably higher. I had it up to 9+ within the first two weeks joining, but suddenly it dropped to 4.946 after I downloaded a grand total of 624.68 MB, which doesn't make a lick of sense.

I can't get my ratio on oink to go up. I've tried several cd's and I've tried creating some new torrents but they just don't get downloaded from me so my ratio just gets worse and worse. Any tips at all? I'm running out of email addresses to re-join with...

Edited by Guest