Jambands.ca

Musician's Earplugs

AdamH

ms.hux and I went to hearing clinic at the Civic and had a hearing test a couple of years back. We asked for plugs because we were playing weekly in a small living room and it was loud.

They referred us to the first floor, and I forget the name of the provider, but they explained the process. They take a cast of your ear and then have plugs manufactured.

The beauty is that they are great for concerts too. You don't lose any resolution of the music, as the plugs just reduce the volume.

I think a pair came to about $180.

go to any Listen up canada. you need to mke an appointment, uausually they can see you the same day. its $90 an ear including 1 filter. there are a few in toronto, i dont know about ottawa

it takes about 2 weeks to get them in.

there worth every penny, i love mine, they never feel loose or like there going to fall out when dancing or running around.

you can also get other filters for them. they recomend getting a 7db filter but i also got a 5bd filter because some times I feel like its to quiet, and you can get stronger filters if you think what your hearing is still to loud

I was offered 9db, 15db and 25db filters and was told that 15 was the most common for rock musicians. Some drummers go for the 25's, and most classical musicians go for the 9's. I took the 15's and they're great, no problem singing with them in, you can literally hear everything almost perfectly, just at a lower volume. I found a small amount of treble loss with them, but I guess nothing is perfect.

yeah its pretty cool how they work, they make everything quiter with out loosing any of the sound. its really cool,

I'm very happy I got mine. you can even order ear phones that attach to them for your ipods and stuff, they say there the highest quality ear phones on the market cause there molded to your ear

yeah its pretty cool how they work, they make everything quiter with out loosing any of the sound. its really cool,

I'm very happy I got mine. you can even order ear phones that attach to them for your ipods and stuff, they say there the highest quality ear phones on the market cause there molded to your ear

that's really interesting. Who said that btw? I'd love to see this info. I'd probably want to wear them at work to quiet down all of the yappers around the office.

If in Toronto, go to

Musicians Clinic of Canada

http://www.musiciansclinics.com/

And book an appointment with

Dr. Marshall Chasin

or the other guy. I had my ears tested (not cleaned or flushed, try a walk-in clinic for that)

and got myself a pair of 15's for about $130 (which was I think entirely tax deductable for some reason...)

sorry if it being in Toronto doesn't help. I love mine too.