Jambands.ca

I miss the road

The Chameleon

Just a post to say I'm sitting at work listening to a stellar Phish show from 1995 and I'm thinking back to then when I was 18/19 and just getting into Phish and has seen the Dead a bunch of times. Back then the road seemed endless and I couldn't wait to make plans for more shows.

I remember being truly excited to be a part of the Phish/GD magic and felt at home on tour.

I recall how rich the traveling experience was from show to show. I can also recall the joy of seeing rare songs in a setlist, at a concert that I attended.

I remember those times (1994-1999) felt special.

Usually it would be this time of year where me and friends would do a little "winter run" of some shows in upstate NY or beyond....

Now I feel sad that, that excitement is gone, and those experiences put on hold.....nothing seems so special anymore.

I long to be excited, about a band/music to the degree that I will drop everything and loose my self on tour in a haze of ticketstubs, Jagermiester, cheap hotels, truck stops and Nitrous...

"Who's got my heady winter tour"....

that is all.....just had to get that out....

phish01.jpg

widespread panic tour. that is all.

:)

Sadly I used to like Panic but I really don't like the direction they've taken musically of late. Really it all fell apart for me when Hausser died.

I think the only band right now that I'd follow would be WEEN.

They are due for a Canadian date anytime now....

Edited by Guest