Jambands.ca

ISO: Phish show.............

jay sanislo

not sure on the date but i know it was in either 94 or 96 i believe. Sugarbush, Vermont is the place for sure. I used to have the tape of this with very poor sound quality but the jams are just insane. Well the other day my tape got eaten :( . Maybe for the best becasue i would love to see if anyone has an upgrade available for trade or a spot to download from. I have found it on a site (cant remember the name at the moment) but i only made it to 1% and it stayed there for weeks. Anyone out there have a copy of this show.

this one?

07-16-94 Summer Stage at Sugarbush North, Fayston, VT

1: Golgi Apparatus, Down With Disease, N2O, Stash, Lizards, Cavern, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Maze-> Sparkle, Sample in a Jar

2: Run Like an Antelope-> Catapult-> Run Like an Antelope, Harpua*-> Also Sprach Zarathustra-> Harpua, AC/DC Bag, Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood, Contact, Chalk Dust Torture

E: Suzy Greenberg

*With "comet smashed into Jupiter" narration.

According to here they played there 3 times, once in 94 & twice in 95.

I found this one in mp3..

PHiSH

7/2/95

Sugarbush Summer Stage,

North Fayston,VT

Disc 1:

1.Sample>

2.Divided Sky

3.Gumbo

4.Curtain>

5.Julius

6.Camel Walk

7.Reba

8.I Didn't Know

9.Rift

Disc 2:

1.Trey Talk

2.While My Guitar Gently Weeps

SET II

3.Jim>

4.Makisupa>

5.Scent

6.Tweezer>

7.HaHaHa>

8.Sleeping Monkey

Disc 3:

1.Acoustic Army

2.Slave

E:

3.Halley's>

4.Tweezer reprise

1995-07-02 (mp3)

[edit to add]

This thread has links to hundreds of shows for download, all in mp3.

Edited by Guest

07/03/95 Summer Stage at Sugarbush North, Fayston, VT

Set I: My Friend My Friend, Poor Heart, Run Like An Antelope, Loving Cup, Sparkle, It's Ice, If I Could, Maze, Strange Design, Free, Cavern

Set II: Timber1> David Bowie> Johnny B Goode> David Bowie> AC/DC Bag, The Lizards2> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, A Day in the Life, Possum, Squirming Coil

Encore: Simple, Amazing Grace

1 First since 12/30/92 or 256 shows

2 Aborted after Trey forgot the lyrics

sweet found it, thanks bama man now to just download it. You kick ass!

I was at this show. I don't have a copy though.

EDIT TO ADD:

Actually, I think I do own a copy, but it is currently on a cassette (or two, I guess) in Edmonton to eventually be digitized by LeshLush. If I'm correct about that (which I may or may not be, as those tapes may have disappeared over the years) you may want to bug LeshLush to pull those out and digitize 'em soon...

Edited by Guest
Just remembered...

If I remember correctly, the scene outside this one was INSANE.

There were so many more people there than tickets that they eventually had two entrances. One entrance was for those who actually paid for the tickets and was through the front-gate. The second entrance, though, was found by following the line of security as they directed you up a ski hill to enter through the back of the "stadium" for free!

I can't say I remember every show I was at (to say the least) but this one stands out. I think that was my only Big Black Furry Creature From Mars, and I'll never forget that I was travelling with someone who I saw shows with far too frequently, mainly because he was available; despite the fact that he was always drunk to the point of slobbering and falling down. (I learned to deal with the embarrassment, and usual not-so-subtle questions from people we met, like, "So ... you two are friends?")

This was my first Phish show. It was a life changer for myself. Here a couple of pics.

07/03/95 Summer Stage at Sugarbush North, Fayston, VT

Set I: My Friend My Friend, Poor Heart, Run Like An Antelope, Loving Cup, Sparkle, It's Ice, If I Could, Maze, Strange Design, Free, Cavern

Set II: Timber1> David Bowie> Johnny B Goode> David Bowie> AC/DC Bag, The Lizards2> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, A Day in the Life, Possum, Squirming Coil

Encore: Simple, Amazing Grace

1 First since 12/30/92 or 256 shows

2 Aborted after Trey forgot the lyrics

phishsugarbush.jpg

phishsugarbush2.jpg

phishsugarbush3.jpg

phishsugarbush6.jpg

phishsugarbush8.jpg

07-16-94 Summer Stage at Sugarbush North, Fayston, VT

1: Golgi Apparatus, Down With Disease, N2O, Stash, Lizards, Cavern, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Maze-> Sparkle, Sample in a Jar

2: Run Like an Antelope-> Catapult-> Run Like an Antelope, Harpua*-> Also Sprach Zarathustra-> Harpua, AC/DC Bag, Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood, Contact, Chalk Dust Torture

E: Suzy Greenberg

*With "comet smashed into Jupiter" narration.

This was my fifth Phish show I want to say. Life changing would be the understatement of the century. I should sit down and write something more comprehensive about the whole experience at some point. We were at Great Woods (last Gamehenge) the week before which had some really dark moments both nights.

'95 from what I gather at Sugarbush was just pandemonium- hence not playing in Vermont again til Coventry if I'm not mistaken (besides I guess private things or family affairs). The scene was quite idyllic in '94 though- rolling tiered grass lots, frisbee, casual environment. My buddy Matty Webb checks his watch and says 'oh shit' we should dose thinking it's 6:00 then realizes just afterward that it was in fact 3:00. So we were really gooned really early.

We ended up walking up the ski hill between the runs along a creek which was really odd because every few hundred metres you'd run into some gooned crew that were tripping in the creek. We went into the venue early and I'll always remember this white cap frat boy looking guy with his Geraldo looking dad and their blanket all spread out like they were going to keep that spot all night. Geraldo was clapping along to Stash and whatnot. I remember thinking when night fell and people started flooding in from the skihill - what happened to Geraldo.

Phish looked really ill when they took the stage for second set. Like smacky ill. We were really close up and tripping hard and we were actually sort of worried they were going to blow it. The combo of the red lights, the Twin Peaks vibe (which they must have been into at the time) and the smackiness made that Antelope>Catapult>Antelope ('no wedding' in light of upcoming nuptuals came off dark rather than spirited) one of the darkest things I've ever seen them do. Everyone head faked on the Halley's fakeout (it was the night of the Shumacher-Levy comet sic).

I call this the last old school Phish show and in a lot of ways it is. The setlist is very classic. They didn't go into some of the directions they were going even as of that fall (or even the weekend before at Great Woods). In that era the highlights of the jams always seemed to be when Paige would go up to the Moog above his grand piano and play the ultra funky riffs (see Contact and AC/DC Bag in that show). It's also perfect as a two set show. Nothing could have been better.

I guess I don't have to get around to writing something longer at some point. One thing I vividly recall was that we were tripping balls - like really tripping balls- before the show and people were filling in and we were lying on the grass and staring at the clouds and just laughing like demonic hyenas and thinking everyone thought we were bats and were going to get hauled out. Then Salt Peanuts by Dizzy Gillespie came on and we lost it. We thought 'Salt Peanuts, Salt Peanuts' was perhaps the funniest thing we had ever heard in our life!