Jambands.ca

roll call caveman @ pj's nobody at all

tigger

Who's heading in for this show on Friday at Pepper Jack's .Look's like it would be interesting,I'm pretty sure i'm in.Is this show on at all I checked jambase they had it listed.Not often American band slips in to this seen with no notice ,what's the deal?

I'll try to make it down but I have other commitments so I'll just have to see how it goes. Also, I have to attend a good friend's wedding next day so I have to consider that, no matter what band is playing at PJC that night.

hey sanzwill guys - I would come see you at Cactus Jacks but, you know, wedding reception festivities. Hope it works out for you though - it's a hard rockin bar! [Eek!]

Caveman are featured in our "have you heard" section.

I really wanted to see them in Ottawa along with Slammin' Jack this saturday, but I'll be out of town.

- reprinted with permission from jambands.ca

"Caveman – Before The World

Throughout history man has needed people who have reached a higher plane to enlighten the masses and move forward. Caveman, the raw, mystical experience of instrumental improvisation, will take you on the ultimate journey and move you to consider the stories of all time. The eighteen tracks on their debut album ‘Before the World’, are those stories that are held in the branches of trees, the hearts of frogs and the spirits of the Indians. They are the things that can not be expressed in words. Subjects that baffle the mind and issues that the human race has grappled with for centuries, may have you thinking that Caveman is a bunch of whale-saving, eco-dudes making songs about Native Americans and Mother Earth, but after the last notes of the album fade away, you will realize that they are much more. Their music is raw, dirty and at times, refreshingly loose and unpretentious. Caveman does not futilely attempt to verbalize these issues through mere words, but rather uses instrumental arrangements to ponder questions of existence and purpose.

The concentration of talent in the band would lead one to believe that there may be an unknown power channeling a message through their hands. Classically trained in jazz, guitarist John Lee skillfully combines tight arrangements and various tempos with flawless technique. Bassist John Buck and drummer Tim Keiper provide a solid foundation to the message. Keyboardist Brian Marsella and percussionist Matt Brundrett add accents and enthusiasm to the melody. The music is a blending of a plethora of music styles from jazz, rock and blues to tribal rhythms of Africa, India, China and the Middle East, with influences from John Coltrane and The Grateful Dead. Seamlessly intertwined, the strengths of each member are further enhanced by the power of their message.

Caveman encompasses a complex instrumental hybrid of heavy layering and dynamic mood and tempo changes. Each tightly woven composition expresses the originality of the musicians and the multi-dimensional approach that they have taken with this band. Tribal infused rhythms, silky dub-style and straight out sublime rock fusion is found in exemplary fashion on ‘Before the World’, but don’t expect too many climax reaching guitar solos, but rather trippy group improvisation that isn’t afraid of leaving tonal and harmonic territory. Caveman is one of those bands that remind you of what our scene is all about. This band in a lot of ways, embodies our craving for intelligent, mind-bending music that makes us dance AND think. Their music is dark, uplifting and confusing all at once. If you like Zappa, you will love this. If you like Jacob Jazz Odyssey, you will love this. Heck, if you like good music, you will love this. Check it out!

www.cavemanlove.com

Archived